“Terrible Service, Great Food”
Review of Nonna Rose

Nonna Rose
Ranked #2,536 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Los Angeles. CA
“Terrible Service, Great Food”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

My family recently visited this restaurant at Fisherman's Wharf. It's a pretty small restaurant with a family feel. We had a large party and I think that's what upset our waitress, because she was quite rude the entire time. We all ordered our food and got it relatively quickly. Everything was delicious, I totally recommend the clam chowder (white), no complaints here with the food. However, the manager and our waitress were both rude and pushy. We had to ask numerous times for basic necessities like straws and napkins (everybody has to do that any restaurant, I know) but when we received our napkins they were thrown on the table without so much as a "I'm sorry, I forgot those". Overall, would I go back? Yes, to get a to-go order.

Dallas
“Liked it”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

My wife and I stopped in for the fish, chips & chowder special ($10) on our last trip to SF. The food was good and the lemonade was tasty. I guess we got luckier than the other reviewers.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Great value for lunch”
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Wonderful lunch for under $10 - sauteed shrimp with rice was so delicious. Service was quick and polite. Outdoor seating was a bonus.

Kingsburg, CA
“Got lucky on this place”
Reviewed April 11, 2009

Walking through Fisherman's Wharf looking for lunch we were offered a window table on at Nonna Rose our way to Scoma's. We looked at the posted menu and said, "Let's try it." We're glad we did! It was cheaper and just as good as the better known places.

1 Thank kingsburgguy
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Little Place at Fisherman's Wharf”
Reviewed January 19, 2009

Perhaps it was because we were there at a slow time and it was our first of six nights in San Francisco, but we were pleased with our experience here. After checking out the posted menu at Alioto's next door, we decided to go into Nonna Rose, which was much less expensive. We were greated warmly at the door. Initially, we were given a table away from the window, but just before we sat down, a window table overlooking the heart of the fishing fleet came open, and the maitre de asked if we wanted that one, which we certainly did.

We did not have entrees, but had an appetizer and clam chowder with a glass of wine. The food was good, not gourmet, but the price was reasonable even before you take into account this was the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. The service was fine, although we were there late on a January evening, not a busy time.

1 Thank David R