“Excellent macarons and salted caramels”
Review of Miette Cakes

Miette Cakes
Ranked #29 of 117 Bakeries in San Francisco
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent macarons and salted caramels”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The ferry building shops aren't as "touristy" as one might think, even though they're next to the port. They're more 'street market meets gourmet' foodie-style and pretty much fabulous. Miette Cakes was a great find as I was picking up some gift treats. The macarons (I think there were six varieties but my favorites were the pistachio and hazelnut) were delicious and my friend really enjoyed the salted caramels. The macarons were perfect - plenty of rich, creamy interior and gently flexible cookie exterior that didn't make a flakey mess when they were savored in multiple bites. I only wish I'd bought more. Thankfully, you can also buy online.

• Visited July 2013

Guam, Mariana Islands
“Perfect macaroons”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The only macaroons I'll ever eat again would be at Miette. Tried many macaroons but no one makes it better than Miette. It's pricey but worth every bite you pay for. I've never tried anything else, because, I can't stop buying the marcaroons. Love it.

us
“Macaroons to live for!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

It was so hard to choose a treat from this little bakery because everything looked so wonderful. We ended up with an assortment of macaroons that were presented in a darling box tied up sweetly with cotton string. The displays throughout the stand were lovely. I was intrigued with the cake decorations for sale - especially the tiny posies. My only regret is that I did not get to sample more of the delicacies!

California City, California
“Sinful”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The lavender cookes and almonds covered in chocolate and dusted with cocoa are insanely good. We also had the strawberry cheesecake that was fantastic.

Visited May 2013
“Great for a sweet attack!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by for a quick sweet. Had a hazelnut macaroon and a sea salt caramel. Both were amazing! Will try to make it back before we go home!

• Visited April 2013