“Delicious and good service!”

Oriental Pearl Restaurant
Ranked #194 of 5,712 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Delicious and good service!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking for great Chinese food then go to Oriental Pearl at SF China Town! From Dim Sum to Pekin Duck! Everything was delicious. Very simple and casual place but the service was good!

Visited April 2013

Farnham Common, United Kingdom
“Good chinese food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had asked our concierge (Sheraton Fisherman's Wharf) for a recommendation for a good chinese restaurant.

Expectations were dashed when we arrived outside the building in the middle of Chinatown and climbed the stairs - it was nothing to write home about. When we entered, however, it looked like chinese restaurants all over the world we have been to. There was a red flowery carpet, many tables with white tablecloths, the fish tank and a reception as soon as you enter the dining room.

The service was professional but not intrusive and was perhaps less brusque than many a chinese waiter.

We had pork pot stickers and half a peking duck as appetisers. The former were succulent and tasty, the latter also delicious but the pancakes were made up for us - something we do not get in the UK. Tough, if you want more plum sauce or no veggies in the pancake. It was not a deal breaker as the food was really tasty.

We then had black pepper baby ribs which were a little chewy, but I think they were meant to be, we also had the sauteed prawns (very tender and tasty) and chicken with black bean sauce - to my mind the weakest dish, but not awful.

This is a good neighbourhood restaurant. It has a loyal following and it deserves it.
It would be easy to get sidetracked into going into any restaurant here. There are people on the streets giving coupons but stay on track and go into Oriental Pearl.

• Visited April 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Nice place, but watch your silverware and water . . .”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I've actually been here twice: once for lunch by myself, and most recently I met up with friends for dinner. The service has been very good both times. The food is pretty good, but nothing to write home about. Try the Oriental Pearl cocktail, though--it tastes like a Jolly Rancher!! The only downside to my visit was cleanliness--during my last visit, I had a fork with what appeared to be a dried piece of broccoli on it, and I found lemon seeds in my water (when I hadn't had a lemon in it . . .) and a piece of some kind of packaging. Ew.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bonnie_521
Syosset, NY
“No Soy sauce unless you ask”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We read other reviews on this place and decided to give it a go. We went on a Saturday night and it was fairly busy but we were seated right away. The interior is pretty standard Chinese restaurant, but it was the little things that I started noticing. the waiter was very quick, but not intrusive. While he took orders and joked with customers and other staff member rapidly brought the drinks. After placing our order we'd just had a few minutes to chat and the first dish came out and while we were serving it the second dish came out and while we served it the third dish came out - so all the food came out as it was ready and didn't sit under heat lamps. The food itself was very delicious and needed no adjusting and that's when I noticed no soy sauce, salt and pepper or other additives, which suggests two things - either they are very cheap or they figure the food it correctly seasoned. I don't think it's cheap because they use linen table cloths and how often do you see that? Plus, the food was really delicious and sadly, we left nothing for the carry out box. All in all,it was a nice surprise. Thanks fellow advisors!

• Visited March 2013
“Honey walnut Prawns!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Looking for some place great to eat in Chinatown? Try Oriental Pearl.
The entrance isn't very inviting, but the food will impress.

We always like the Honey walnut prawns and the mochi balls for dessert.

They have a tea with a flower in it.. Weird at first, but good.

Try it if you're in town!

• Visited January 2013