“Great food and service”

Pier Market Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #102 of 6,026 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Embarcadero
Description: Voted Best Seafood in San Francisco by KRON 4 TV Best of the Bay, Pier Market is an authentic sustainable seafood restaurant where the locals go for the freshest local seafood in the city. Pier Market is family-owned and operated and one of the most popular dining destinations on Fisherman's Wharf. Pier Market has been selling San Francisco's freshest seafood since 1983. We feature Fresh, Mesquite-Grilled Fish and Meat, Dungeness Crab, Pastas, Steaming bowls of our Award-Winning Clam Chowder in Authentic Fresh Sourdough Bread Bowls. We offer two large al fresco patios for heated outdoor dining.
Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

This was my first visit here and I will come back again. My server Mo was fantastic. Mo was very knowledgeable about the menu and we ordered everything he suggested and Mo knows best. The food was great and the location is beautiful. Great place for eating and people watching.

Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Pier market serves fresh fish for good prices. Portions are good, however our fries were cold. Furthermore they kept a waiting line while several tables were free. This was a bit frustrating as we were very hungry. However the fish was fresh and tasted very good.

Reviewed August 26, 2016

Perfect location at Pier 39...with sea lions entertaining while you dine! Had a 6:30 reservation but got there early and hostess was happy to seat us early. Thank you! Had a great San Fransico micro brew with clam chowder for starters. Yummy! One of us had the crab cake dinner. The other had the seafood fest. Either would have been enough to share between the two of us...But we made it all disappear! Alex, our server, was attentive yet did not push us to hurry or make us feel like we needed to be on our way. The story of Pier 39 involves the owners of Pier Market as well as Wipe Out Bar and Grill and a couple other places on this pier. It is a great place, and I would go back tomorrow...except we are leaving!

Reviewed August 26, 2016

I had a late lunch here on short visit to Pier 39 to see the sea lions, which had been almost entirely absent on a visit to San Francisco the previous year. I was seated almost immediately and the service was reasonably quick, things I might not have been able to say had I come closer to lunch time. I had the crab-cake dinner ($20), which I thought was quite tasty. All in all, a decent meal. I have no complaints. I might be tempted to have dinner there on some future visit to the city, except it would require stepping foot again on Pier 39.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank MerelyATourist
Reviewed August 24, 2016

The Chowder alone was worth the visit...good service, and open a bit later for those shopping on Pier 39.