“Pier Market, Seafood Restaurant & Market, Pier 39 San Francisco, CA.”

Pier Market Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier Market Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 5,800 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Embarcadero
Description: Voted Best Seafood in San Francisco by KRON 4 TV Best of the Bay, Pier Market is an authentic sustainable seafood restaurant where the locals go for the freshest seafood in the city. Pier Market is family-owned and operated and one of the most popular dining destinations on Fisherman's Wharf. Pier Market has been selling San Francisco's freshest seafood for 34 years. We feature Fresh, Mesquite-Grilled Fish and Meat, Dungeness Crab, Pastas, Steaming bowls of our Award-Winning Clam Chowder and Authentic Sourdough Bread. Enjoy watching our chefs at work in full view of our bustling open kitchen overlooking the San Francisco Bay, the PIER 39 sea lions and Alcatraz Island. We also offer al fresco dining on our wide-open patio.
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I really enjoyed my visit to this restaurant. The food was great and the ambience reflected the feel on being on the harbor. The menu had a variety of seafood choices and it was had to decide. Then we decided to order the steamed clams, fish and chips, cioppino, New England clam chowder in sourdough. Everyone was delighted with their meals. For an added bonus, the local California sea lions came up to the pier to greet the people that were walking along the boardwalk. It's not everday that you can be sitting in a restaurant and look out the window and see sea lions. I see why the Pier Market is so popular. I will visit again.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

For our first meal in San Francisco, we choose Pier Market based on trip advisor reviews and price comparisons of the Pier 39 area (and it was close to our hotel). NOTE: If you go to the California Welcome Center (at Pier 39), they have a 15% off coupons for Pier Market (you can also take the coupon at this link with you to the Welcome Center and they will give you a whole booklet of coupons to use at Pier 39 http://www.pier39.com/UserFiles/File/FunPackCoupon_website_FINAL.pdf. If the link doesn’t work, the coupon is good through December 31, 2012, go to pier39.com and click on “Discounts” and find it there).

We had great seating, with views of the water. Service was prompt and always friendly, the manager was around to ask how everything was going, prices were good and food was delicious! I would recommend Pier Market!

Please let me know if you have any questions!

1  Thank travlinmel101
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Yes, my wife and I are tourists. And yes, the Bay Area was home to me from the 70s thru the 80s. And yes, I do know Pier 39 very well. Pier Market has fashioned itself extremely well within the selection of restaurants in Pier 39. It is almost the go-to place when a tourist (and family) seeks a taste of San Franciscan seafood. But alas, it should have set a much higher standard at the current price. The menu looks great but what you get on the table don't reflect the dollar amount you see on your dinner tab. Great location but the quality and pricing needs adjustments for longer term sustainability. Meaning, if you don't get the food right at a lower price, you're outta here within the next 5 years. Shame though.

2  Thank Lucksa
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The view was beautiful and the service was good. We ordered sweet & sour calamari for appetizer, it was super good - highly recommended.

We also got a free cup of clam chowder using a coupon that we printed from a website (you can also find this coupon on some of the tourist maps), it tasted very good.

For entrees, my husband had fish & chips which he enjoyed but I found a bit bland. I had Crab cake dinner, it was just okay. I didn't like the crab cakes that much, I've had much better elsewhere. I won't order this dish again. Overall, I will come back and try their other dishes next time I'm in the city.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I went to Pier Market with a friend from out of town, and expected it to be a tourist trap, but I was pleasantly surprised. There were several tempting seafood items on the menu, but I opted for the Alaskan Halibut that was a special that day. We had a tour boat to catch after dinner, so we were concerned about timing, but the service was smooth and we had no trouble getting through our meal and dessert in a timely manner. Nice views of the marina too. The prices might be a tad high, but nothing excessive.