“Vegan? Really?” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Vegan? Really?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Terrific food. Not in anyway what one might discriminate as anything but delicious. That the menu is vegan is a plus but the food would not be the give away of this fact. Cruelty free and easy to love it.

Visited November 2012

Surrey, Canada
“Non-vegans will love this too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

Didn't expect to love the food here since 2 of us were non-vegan but we did! Can highly recommend their chicken fried rice and their chicken with orange dish. So glad we ate there! Great food and great value. We also had great service so it was a very pleasant experience. Would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fresh, big portions, not pretentious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I've been in some snobby vegetarian places, this is not one of them. Bright, friendly staff and the food is good. We had the vegetarian burrito and the quesadijias, and came back a couple days later for oatmeal breakfast. Big portions, filling, and we eat meat! A great choice.

London, United Kingdom
“Best vegan food outside home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a week's break in SF and unfortunately did not find this place soon enough. It is fantastic for vegans. I am wheat-intolerant and even so the menu choices for me were phenomenal. How my wife chose from such a long, long menu I just don't know.
We had been to Millennium (good food but expensive, and a little up itself!), then to Greens (crap for vegans), then to this place......what a refreshing change.
Everyone was friendly (even prior to the Giants clean sweep later that evening!).
The food was well cooked and well presented. The plates were groaning. There was so much food (just a starter and a main dish each) that an extra table was pulled over to ours to hold the plates.
I ate a dish of two crispy tacos as a starter (beautiful flavours and just the right heat). This was enough for a meal. Then my main dish of Quinoa cake, greens, mash potato and onion gravy, with a side salad arrived. This was when the extra table arrived!! My wife had arrived intending to eat only a little. She ended up eating my side salad that was large enough for a main meal. Unlike another reviewer here we found the salad wonderfully fresh and we commented as such at the time.
As a desert I managed a single scoop of their vegan ice cream made with coconut milk. This was yummy. It too was huge!
We left happy and contented with a bill of under $50 including taxes. OK, as other reviewers comment, the place is cafe bar style, but none the worse for that. We loved it and determined to return.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mathewmd
Pt Pleasant
“Best meal in the city!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

My boyfriend and I visited Herbivore last week. He is not a vegetarian but sometimes will give up meat temporarily. Rashid was our server and gave us numerous suggestions. he was very informative and eager to answer questions. My boyfriend hates hummus but I forced him to try it and his eyes lit up saying it was amazing. i had to fight to keep my plate!! I hate the orange chicken and he had a "chicken" burrito. Both were outstanding!!!! Rashid really made the experience special. Any restaurant would be lucky to have him. The cooks even thanked us with smiles on the way out. Thank you Herbivore!!! Great job!!

• Visited September 2012