“Interesting Vegan Fair”

Herbivore -Divisadero St.
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We're not vegans and were initially surprised that the Herbivore (we should have known by the name) was. There was beef and chicken dishes on the menu that turned out to be tofu beef and chicken.

None the less we stayed and were glad that we did. Portions were more than adequate for lunch. Staff took good care of us and water glasses were topped up often.

It wasn't cheap, but it was good value.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

Excellent service and delicious food- the best vegan food in SF, and probably the best vegan restaurant I've ever been to.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

I have patronized this restaurant more than once as I stayed near by. It is an easy go-to place to get a vegetarian (or vegan) meal. It is nice to have a vegetarian restaurant that is not over priced or hipster. Each meal satisfied, but one stood out. I was really in the mood for shish kebab and the Mediterranean place across the street was unable to make a vegetarian version, Herbivore to the rescue. The staff is always attentive and accommodating.

Reviewed November 12, 2011

My partner and I were looking for good vegan options in San Francisco and we stumbled upon Herbivore. This is a GREAT place. Excellent and true vegan options -- not just "vegetarian." The portions were large and the prices were very reasonable. If you want true vegan you cannot go wrong with this place. Good customer service too -- the chef even took time to bring us the food! Check out our pics - the tacos were the "starters" -- look at how big these were!! The spy protein tasted delicious in my Musaka. And for dessert we had coconut -milk based ice cream.

1  Thank Kobuck1369
Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've gave this place two chances and both times it was terrible. How can you mess up vegetables and noodles? I'm not sure but they do it. Food was tasteless both times, a waste of time and money. For great veggie food check out Greens or Source