“Just Ok for breakfast ”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Neighborhood: Lower Nob Hill
Neighborhood: Lower Nob Hill
Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

We were staying on Nob Hill and looking fir someplace for breakfast and stumbled upon this place. It has an old-fashioned diner vibe, but it’s not. The food was good, service was slow and not everyone speaks English well, so we didn’t always get what we asked for.

My wife, son had I each had omelets, age they came out one at a time, with a few minutes in-between (and it wasn’t that busy). My bacon omelet was fine, not much bacon. Hash browns were pressed thin, almost like you would a scallion pancake. My wife has an American Cheese omelet and my son a Veggie Omelette. Other than the slow service the food was fine. Not sure if we’d go out if our way to come back.

Date of visit: April 2019
Write a reviewReviews (104)

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

This is a Chinese-American run breakfast/brunch/lunch place so you can get teriyaki chicken with your pancakes.

Quality was ok but not amazing - think ‘cheap and cheerful café’ style.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed December 24, 2018 via mobile

We went here for breakfast as it was literally on the same block as our hotel. Love places like this one counter everybody shares good coffee and great breakfast food. Had the corned beef hash with eggs it was just what I needed.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank acshelco1
Reviewed December 10, 2018 via mobile

I visited the cafe with a party of 6. There isn’t a lot of room for big parties. There are two tables of four and the rest of the seats are stools. The breakfast was good and cheap. Staff is friendly and nice. Pancakes and 4 sausage links was $7.25.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

The portion size was reasonable and the price even more so. It's a little small in there, so try going early. It's worth a try, some of the dishes are a bit simple, but you can't go wrong.

Date of visit: May 2018