TripAdvisor

Cuisines: American, Diner
Neighborhood: Lower Nob Hill
Neighborhood: Lower Nob Hill
Reviewed September 18, 2016

Went to this little dive for breakfast and the food was surprisingly good. This place is not for the faint of heart - nothing fancy here. Just a counter and the best hash browns ever. I had Joe's Special and was thoroughly pleased with my meal.

Date of visit: September 2016
2  Thank DAngel_12
Write a reviewReviews (107)

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

I'm actually really surprised that I did not enjoy the food more. I went in with high expectations since the reviews are great and there were son many people constantly waiting outside for seats.

This little coffee shop is small and only features two other tables for four besides the main counter top table in the center. I would not recommend this for groups of five or more.

As for the food - I had the buttermilk pancake combo with bacon. I am almosy ashamed to say that i enjoy dennys/ihop pancakes more. But other than that, service was average.

Date of visit: August 2016
1  Thank Alythra
Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

Love this place. Small old style diner. The prices are cheap and the breakfast is excellent. Try the French toast or the pancakes, you won't be disappointed .

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank ITravelAlot8
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

Following on from what other people have already mentioned, if we hadn't read the reviews on this place beforehand we would have walked straight past - it's a good job we didn't! Service was fast,food was tasty and it was very cheap ($16 for mine and my wife's breakfast). The place is a dive but the food is good,great for a quick breakfast bite as we found it opens up before others in the area. If you're on a budget and/or want something quick and tasty to eat but don't mind the surroundings,go here - can't go wrong really.

Date of visit: July 2016
1  Thank rossmc26
Reviewed June 29, 2016

We ended up eating here twice because it was so close to our hotel and the food was delicious. I saw the reviews before our trip and planned to go here. We almost turned around after seeing it though. It doesn't look like the cleanest place. We decided to give it a go though. There were lots of locals there and the people who run it are very nice. The Avocado Jack omelet was delicious and my kids loved the waffles and pancakes they made. Generous portions and reasonable prices also made this a great spot for breakfast. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: June 2016