“Cheap and cheerful!”

Golden Coffee Shop
Ranked #722 of 5,866 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Diner
Reviewed July 10, 2016 via mobile

Following on from what other people have already mentioned, if we hadn't read the reviews on this place beforehand we would have walked straight past - it's a good job we didn't! Service was fast,food was tasty and it was very cheap ($16 for mine and my wife's breakfast). The place is a dive but the food is good,great for a quick breakfast bite as we found it opens up before others in the area. If you're on a budget and/or want something quick and tasty to eat but don't mind the surroundings,go here - can't go wrong really.

1  Thank rossmc26

Reviewed June 29, 2016

We ended up eating here twice because it was so close to our hotel and the food was delicious. I saw the reviews before our trip and planned to go here. We almost turned around after seeing it though. It doesn't look like the cleanest place. We decided to give it a go though. There were lots of locals there and the people who run it are very nice. The Avocado Jack omelet was delicious and my kids loved the waffles and pancakes they made. Generous portions and reasonable prices also made this a great spot for breakfast. Highly recommend.

2  Thank nikolaik
Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

Cleanest diner I've ever seen. Everything was yummy. Pancakes were thick and light and fluffy, but still fully cooked. Hash browns were crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.

1  Thank T-Bone96
Reviewed May 20, 2016

Fab breakfast (we went in on the trip advisor comments) if we hadn't seen the comments we would not have touched the place. However the breakfast was fabulous and the people were very nice, liked by the locals too. My only harsh comment would be how little time it would take to bleach and de cobweb the walls to produce a nicer place to eat. The food area was clean as was cutlery etc but they could make a better effort especially only being open half the day to clean the place up. We would recommend the food and the cost was a mere $6 for a huge omelette grits and toast. Will be returning

2  Thank jen m
Reviewed April 26, 2016

It looks a bit dingy and could use a good clean but I love it! I have been eating here since the early 90's when my wife and I first visited San Francisco. The Asian couple who run the show have it together.

I guess you would consider this to be a neighborhood diner, I have seen mostly the same folks eating here every time I visit along with a lot of younger folks looking for good value. No one is going to mistake this place for Dotties, It is CHEAP but your going to get serious value for the few bucks you spend.

I find it to be way more genuine than the Loris diner's and such only a few blocks away, it is part of the experience I enjoy when I visit the city.

1  Thank PanheadBrisbane