“Mom and Pop diner”

Cuisines: American, Diner
Neighborhood: Lower Nob Hill
Neighborhood: Lower Nob Hill
Reviewed April 26, 2016

It looks a bit dingy and could use a good clean but I love it! I have been eating here since the early 90's when my wife and I first visited San Francisco. The Asian couple who run the show have it together.

I guess you would consider this to be a neighborhood diner, I have seen mostly the same folks eating here every time I visit along with a lot of younger folks looking for good value. No one is going to mistake this place for Dotties, It is CHEAP but your going to get serious value for the few bucks you spend.

I find it to be way more genuine than the Loris diner's and such only a few blocks away, it is part of the experience I enjoy when I visit the city.

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank PanheadBrisbane
Write a reviewReviews (110)

Reviewed January 25, 2016

What a true hidden gem, a short walk from the Union Square Area. This is a true old school hole-in-the-wall greasy spoon coffee shop, that will bring you back in time to the 70's, maybe even the 60's. Far from fancy,Very far from fancy, however, it is clean and comfortable, with a relaxed local feel. I hope this place never changes. A U-shaped counter, and a few small tables make this place cozy. Great coffee, along with a great breakfast, cooked on the grill right in front of you make this place a true gem. Non-tourist prices and good homestyle cooked foods make this place worth the walk! Overall Breakfast rating ~ OUTSTANDING!

Date of visit: January 2016
2  Thank larilu
Reviewed January 16, 2016 via mobile

It is old looking, and we almost didn't go in, but the other reviews convinced us to try it. Glad we did. The eggs and pancakes were fantastic, and at a great price.

We're visiting from out of town, and we'll be coming back.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Scott H
Reviewed December 20, 2015 via mobile

The place is far from being fancy but the food is delicious. Best pancakes the ever had!!! I'm sure we will be back pretty soon. :D

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank Maria S
Reviewed September 28, 2015

Right across the street from our Hotel, this hole-in-the-wall breakfast/lunch counter served us well for a quick hot breakfast. We had eggs & home fries and coffee. No complaints.

Date of visit: September 2015