“At last Thai food like Thailand”

Sai Jai Thai Restaurant
Ranked #1,587 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Far to many times I've been to a Thai restaurant and got food that bears little resemblance to that which I have had in Asia. Taken here by a friend and at last authentic food without the sweetness that seems to be added everywhere else to suit the western palate. Excellent just wish it was local to me.

Note the area is a bit run down but I had no issues.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food here was excellent. We particularly enjoyed the pork shoulder rice plate. The price was extremely reasonable. Our bill averaged out to around $12 per person.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Very tasty food. Inexpensive.
Very good pad thai, papaya salad, grounded pork with basil.
Best plate is BBQ pork.
Will come back for this place.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were 5 adults and 2 young kids (7 and 9). Ordered the usual tomyam,friend rice and noodles, basil leave pork, phad Thai, yum Woon sen, etc. Only the tomyam was sub-par. We were happy with the rest considering we were 10days without Asian food. Oh ya, price was good but service so-so

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I have extensive Thai food experience including living in Bagkok and eating Thai throughout the US - The food and service at this small Thai were some of the worst I have ever experienced.