“Okay chinese food if you're in the area”

Taipei Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #4,106 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Yreka, California
“Okay chinese food if you're in the area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

This restaurant has changed owners in the last couple of years and is not as good as it used to be. The food is okay and the service not so much.

The last visit was with my family about 8 of us. I can't remember exactly what we had and no one dish stands out in my memory as either good or bad. Just a meal.

The main complaint with the service is it seemed that they were really pushing one item and suggested it to us on several different occasions. They also tried to get us to order way more food than we needed. I felt very strongly that the servers were just trying to upsell us at every turn. Although we live less than a mile away, we won't hurry back. too many other places in the area to try.

Visited April 2012

“Ive had better.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

The ambiance is old and dated, the food was mediocre, but the service was just fine. Pretty empty restaurant, no wait.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Imba food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2007

Imba food

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Superb Chinese Food!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2005

It's a wonderful place that I passed by everyday going to work. But when my car brokedown near by, I ended having lunch in here while waiting for the tow truck. Well, I was AMAZED that they had really good food. It just "wow-ed" me. I later brought my husband and kids along and it was a wonderful place for us to enjoy some authentic chinese food.

Loved the pinenuts chicken with lettuce wraps. It's so delicious!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved Dining at Taipei Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2005

Got Great Chinese Food? Well, I found one near the Stonestown shopping center at the intersection on 19th Avenue and Ocean Avenue. Parking was a breeze with a prly parking lot across the street, metered parking in front, and free hourly parking on the side. The food is fantastic and the service is courteous and fast. The dining area is nicely decorated and is the perfect place for a romantic dinner away from home. They also have a banquet room upstairs that allows for an intimate party of over 50 persons. We just had my parents 50th Aniversary party at the restaurant and it was great to have the banquet room to ourselves. It was a good thing since our conversations got to be pretty loud.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member