“Hole in the wall with great food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Taqueria Cancun

Taqueria Cancun
Ranked #684 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: SoMa
“Hole in the wall with great food!!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

2nd time here, great food, quick and easy Mexican food great prices for San Francisco / bay area
Will return when we visit again.

South Africa
“Food excellent, area not great”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We felt a bit nervous walking through the area trying to find this place. Once inside though, we felt at ease. Its a small colourful place with friendly staff and amaaaazing food. We had the nachos with marinated pork. Oh my word so tasty! They have best burrito awards on their walls, but we chose the nachos because their burritos are HUGE and we weren't that hungry.
All in all, it was a very interesting afternoon getting to and from here, but the food was worth it.

• Visited November 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“Veggie/vegan burrito bonanza”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Everything in the Local Eats is TRUE! We used this app to find this "hole in the wall" delight. Being vegan, we sometimes struggle to find what we like. The walk from Moscone Center was easy, albeit the neighborhood went a bit "downhill"' although fairly flat terrain. Small, no ambience, but the food as well as watching the staff chop fresh veggies while we ate more than made up for it. I wish that my Spanish was better.

Bloomington, IN
“Dump with great food”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We ate at the one on Market St. Shrimp burrito was unbelievably wonderful! Large shrimps and a lot of them. But the place is a dump, Few places to sit, tight together,grungy clientèle, but great Mexican food.

Visited July 2012
Austin, Texas
“Excellent food, "colorful" neighborhood”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Taqueria Cancun is an amazing taco joint in the middle of one of San Francisco's lesser touristy areas. I have eaten way too many tacos, burritos, and tortas in my life, so I like to think that I write from a place of authority on the topic. I was there for lunch and by myself, but I felt compelled to over-order, given that my mouth started watering when I reviewed the menu. All meals come with chips and two kinds of salsa -- a regular salsa and a tomatillo salsa. Both had amazing flavor and just the right amount of spice. I ordered a Super Taco with chicken and a torta with beef. The taco and the torta was amazingly tasty, just the right amount of filling, and inside yummy tortillas and a fresh torta roll. They also serve Mexican Coke, which is a nice complement.

A note about the neighborhood, the Tenderloin is home to a significant portion of San Francisco's homeless population. While nobody bothered me while walking on the street, several folks did wander into the restaurant asking for free food, and one even bussed my tray for me when I got up to leave -- which is to say, I got up to leave, and he took the last bit of my sandwich that I couldn't finish.

Frankly, I was in such a delightful food coma from the amazing taco, torta, chips, salsa, and guacamole that I didn't care. I will go back here the next time that I'm in San Francisco.

• Visited May 2012