“Tasty Brews!”

Thirsty Bear Brewing Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Thirsty Bear Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #329 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Bar, Spanish, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: 3rd Street
Transit: New Montgomery Station MUNI & BART
Description: ThirstyBear is the first & only Certified Organic brewery in San Francisco!! Pairing Spanish cuisine of Tapas & Paellas with hand-crafted organic beer, sangria, Spanish & California wines, & full bar with premium spirits. ThirstyBear serves only sustainable harvested seafood; all natural meats free of growth hormones & synthetic additives; and local organic seasonal produce. ThirstyBear recycles all paper, glass, aluminum & plastic. We compost all organic matter; we recycle our cooking oil into biodiesel. Our menu paper is post consumer recyled; our to-go containers are recylable & or compostable. We use energy efficient lighting, heating, cooling & conserve water in the brewery & restaurant. Feel Great about what you eat & drink here!! We're an establishment that cares about your health & our environment!! Support your local Organic Brewery!!
Chania Town, Greece
“Tasty Brews!”
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Didn't come to chow, only wanted to have a few beverages while chatting with friends. Ordered a brew with chocolate hips in it, can't recall the name of the brew though. Thought the brew was tasty, ordered more. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Nice environment too.

Visited December 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Beer was tasty, service was lacking”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I ordered a flight to start off the night. The Panda Bear was interesting and I enjoyed a few others, but all and all the brews were average. The service was not very good as we had to wait quite a while to order and for our drinks. We ordered some food and enjoyed the sampler for a while. The deviled eggs could have been better, the patatas bravas were good and the aioli was tasty. An hour after ordering we had not received our empanadas or brussel sprouts (even though the table that came half an hour after us and was friends with their waitress had received their orders of the same 2 dishes). I was also waiting on a beer. I asked the waitress when we'd be getting the food and I reminded her about my beer. She said "yup, it's all set, I just have to go get it!" with a smile. . . so I let it go. About 3 minutes later she comes back and says she's sorry and she totally "blanked" on my beer and needed to know what I ordered. So obviously it wasn't "all set" now was it. . . Finally we received our brussel sprouts which were half burned and decided to call it a night at this place. I would not return here again. I understand hooking up your regulars but every customer is just as important and the staff did not think that way.

• Visited December 2013
San Carlos, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good choices”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The beer selection is wide spread, and they have great descriptions of all the beers so you know what you are ordering.

Visited November 2013
Ron S, Owner at Thirsty Bear Brewing Company, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thanks for sharing, Jeff. I'm glad you enjoyed our beer selection, and detail descriptions of what we offer. We look forward to seeing you again!

Austin, Texas, United States
“Great beer, unique and tasty menu”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Thirsty Bear makes fantastic beer - it is worth a visit for that fact only. But the food is also amazing, a huge cut above normal "pub grub" that elevates this restaurant into something very special. On my annual conference visit to Moscone, I often enjoy sitting at the bar for lunch to order pints and food. The tapas menu is very inviting, but I am usually drawn to the burger, whether it is the lamb burger of years past (a pity that is not on the menu this year) or the grass-fed beef burger of today. The patty itself is moist, juicy and flavorful, and dressed with unique condiments like roasted garlic aioli, shaved red onions and jamon serrano - I savored every bite. I also get to attend receptions there in their upstairs area, where we usually get to sample the delectable paella out of yard-wide skillets - it's a special treat. The atmosphere is very casual and friendly. There's lots of room in the bar area as well as the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Ron S, Owner at Thirsty Bear Brewing Company, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thanks for your kind review, John. Your compliments make my day! Providing our customers with an extensive selection of beer and food is what we're here to do, so I look forward to sharing this with our team. We hope to have you back next time you're in SF!

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Local Organic Brewery”
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place while on lunch break, great place and atmosphere. The beer selection is adequet. The Dopple Bock seasonal beer was my favoirite, nice winter beer with a nice malty finish. Try the Grizzley for an every day beer, nice amount of hops.

I'm glad you stumbled upon us and had a great time! Thanks for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor. We hope to have you back for another Dopple Bock again sometime soon! Take care.