“Nice bar, great menu”
Review of MKT restaurant

MKT restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
MKT restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #856 of 5,823 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We wanted to find a place that had really great drinks & food and where we could watch a college football game. There's an "official" sports bar a few blocks away, but their menu is not to my liking. We had been here for a drink before when it was called something else and arranged differently. Everything is new & improved and fantastic. Our bartender knew his stuff and if I hadn't been driving later, I definitely would have tried some of the delightful cocktails we saw being created. I had the fried green tomatoes & steak tartare- fantastic. The tartare was one of the best I've ever had.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The soft-boiled egg and steel-cut oatmeal was excellent. The service and all of the little touches make it a place to remember.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The atmosphere is open and friendly. Food is excellent. Tables near windows have nice views and lots of elbow room.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family and I ate here several times during our stay at the hotel. The food was tasty, service impeccable, and the restaurant itself is lovely with a view of Market Street from huge windows along one wall. They have a kids menu with some options beyond the usual hot dog, chicken, nuggets, etc. They also have activity booklets and Wiki Stix for the kids to help keep them occupied.

The bar seemed to be a bit of a scene - whether that is good or bad is up to you!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

The service is brilliant and the servers know there menu and are only to pleased to answer any questions. The food is all excellent and normal sized portions not the usual massive ones. Is not ground level but set higher up on the four floor which makes a good view.