“Good Italian close to Fisherman's Wharf”
Review of Pescatore

Pescatore
Reserve with OpenTable
Pescatore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 5,737 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: North Point
Transit: The 8x and 47 bus lines, as well as the Hyde/Powell & Taylor/Powell Cable Cars. The F Line Muni Train.
Description: Pescatore is the perfect neighborhood sidewalk cafe serving Italian specialties and wood-fired pizzas with an emphasis on fresh seafood and local California produce.
Katy, Texas
“Good Italian close to Fisherman's Wharf”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I visited on a Saturday night when the Wharf area was mobbed by Escape from Alcatraz competitors. I was seated in the bar area which suited me fine as I was on my own. The hostess was very attentive. There was a good choice of menu with typical US-Italian fare albeit with an bias towards local crab and seafood dishes. I had the tomato soup and then the linguine al vongole. Both were very good. Fresh and tasty. I finished the night with an espresso which was one of the best I have had since leaving Italy two years ago. Also they have a good choice of draught beers. Well worth a visit and away from the tourist strip in the Wharf area.

Ruth W, General Manager at Pescatore, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
So glad you had a great time I remember as I made your espresso. I hope the race went well for you! Thank you again for your positive feedback and I am glad you had a great time!

See you for the next Escape!

Ruthie

Seattle, Washington
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Went here because of the high ratings on Trip Advisor. Left very disappointed.

Food was bland. I had Chicken Parmesan and my wife had Crab Ravioli. I did not even finish mine. We chose not to chance dessert.

Service was poor. I felt pretty ignored all night. Asked our waitress for a wine suggestion and was told try a merlot or sangiovese. Not exactly the recommendation I was looking for.

It a cute place but it was so noisy we practically had to yell to hear each other.

• Visited March 2013
Barry,
Thank you for your feedeback both here and on Yelp, it can only help us get better. I do apologize that you and your wife did not have a great time! We typically wow our guests and I apologize this was an off night for us. Thank you again for your feedback, it had some great information that I can use to help your server, our Chef and our team get better!

Ruthie
Florida
“Good food, terrible service”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Food was average to good. Spring salad was wilted and drowned in tasteless dressing. Crab ravioli was delicious but the shaved leeks on top did not match well with the creamy topping. Worst part of the dining experience was the lousy service. I ordered a cocktail to start and it took 10 minutes to come out. Then I ordered a glass of wine to go with dinner but the server took so long to bring it that I only had one ravioli left. Then I had to ask the waiter twice for my check and even then I had to get up from my table and track him down to give him my credit card so I could get out of there.

Not worth it. Try some other place for better dining experience.

• Visited February 2013
Ruth W, General Manager at Pescatore, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
So sorry we dropped the ball! I have passed on your feedback about the crab ravioli to our Chef, great feedback about that dish. Thank you!
Once again I apologize for your experience and I thank you for your feedback as it will only help us get better!

Milpitas, California
“Very Good Breakfast and Service”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I were looking for a good breakfast having just spent the night at Fisherman's Wharf. We literally stumbled upon Cafe Pescatore as we walked towards the bay front. The restaurant is a short two blocks from Jefferson Street and the water front attractions. (Attractions? Shops kind of schlocky - but good restaurants, boat/ferry departures, superb vistas, street entertainment, etc.)

I give them very high ratings, with the only issue being that their prices put them into a level where we'd not make this our daily breakfast spot. They are well-located and no doubt have considerable expenses at this site, so I don't think their prices are unreasonable.

Our breakfasts were both excellent. I had an Italian sausage omelet, my wife scrambled eggs. Both meals came with sides of Potatoes O'Brien and toast. My rye toast - four half slices - was a very high quality and delicious rye. The service was excellent - not overly attentive - but just right. While our seating was best right at the window fronting Mason, all of their seating has excellent views of the outdoor activity. Decor and environment very pleasant.

We would return here without question.

[By the way, it's hard to find breakfast in this part of San Francisco. The seafood restaurants don't serve breakfast, the Buena Vista doesn't open until 9 AM, etc. Other than the fast food sort of place, there are not a lot of choices.]

• Visited February 2013
Ruth W, General Manager at Pescatore, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Awesome! Thank you so much for letting everyone know y'all had a great time with us! The Sausage Omlette is one of my favorite too! The next time you are up this way please let me know so I can thank you in person.

Brussels, Belgium
“good”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

very nice breakfast, frienly service. It's in fact the restaurat of the Best Western Inn hotel next door

Visited January 2013
Ruth W, General Manager at Pescatore, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
So gald you had a great experience! Next time you all are in San Francisco we hope to see you!