“Extremely good value, excellent food.”
Review of Allegro Romano

Allegro Romano
Reserve with OpenTable
Allegro Romano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #728 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Russian Hill
Texas
“Extremely good value, excellent food.”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This guy is great. Staff is good. Food is spectacular. Price is quite affordable for the quality you receive. Venue is unassuming and very quaint (small) but we'll worth squeezing into. I recommend bringing your own Italian or French wine though if you are a serious connoisseur. PLEASE TRY THIS PLACE. You'll be glad you did. I do every time I visit San Francisco (about 5 times a year).

Taunton, United Kingdom
“A weekend in San Francisco”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by the concierge at the Hilton we had dinner here on Saturday night and it was superb, I love pasta and the home made fettuccine was excellent with mussels and lobster tail, we stared with the asparagus and Parmesan, again superb
What made in memorable was the friendly atmosphere and personal service, a definite visit again

Visited January 2014
Edinburgh
“Special memories”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I should point out that our visit here was in April 2008 but having recently come across some information regarding our evening here, I had to write a review.
I booked this restaurant through our concierge at the Grand Hyatt. I was arranging a surprise trip to San Fran for my wife's birthday and were travelling from Scotland with no idea of where we would go for her special treat in SF. I was in e-mail contact with the restaurant and they made all the arrangements necessary for our party. There were 12 of us and we were not disappointed by our experience at Allegro.
The owner had made the special effort to dress in tartan for us! We had an impromptu sing song and some Scottish dancing of sorts and we had a great time. The other diners joined in and it was just magic.
The food was very good as was the wine and the service and everybody spoke very highly of the whole experience. I would certainly go back here if I am ever back in SF. Correction WHEN I go back to SF!!

• Visited April 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Best restaurant experience in San Fran”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited San Francisco in July, and we still talk about what an amazing time we had at this restaurant. Having gone on a tour of Alcatraz and spent time on Fisherman's Wharf on a weekday, we were tired and ready to call a cab back to our hotel when we ran into this restaurant hidden in a neighborhood. We didn't have reservations but were seated within 15 minutes of arriving. It's difficult to describe the atmosphere of this small, cozy place but it makes me smile just thinking about it. To start, we ordered the Asparagus all Parmigiana and the Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella Caprese- yum!! We had the lobster ravioli and white truffle tortellini in basil pesto sauce for dinner and I mean, it was possibly the best meal we have ever had. As the night went on, owner Lorenzo dimmed the lights and started singing. The servers handed us each a glass of port wine to finish the meal and a rose! If we ever make it back to San Fran, and I really hope we do, Allegro Romano will be at the top of our list.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Cara G
San Jose, California
“Anniversary dinner was smashing success”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We came here to have dinner for our 14 year wedding anniversary after spending the day in the city, touring and walking around without our kids. We found this place and made reservations ahead of time, having been able to look at their menu online. We were greeted and seated promptly, even though we were about 15 minutes early for our reservation. After being seated, we were given amazing service and the staff was attentive (to say the least). We ordered bruschetta, the best we've EVER had, then shared the fettucini with white truffle sauce, also the BEST we've ever had, then I had the Petto de Pollo al Allegro Romano (chicken with spinach & mashed potatoes) and my husband ordered the daily special which was filet mignon. To say it was the best meal we've had is an understatement. The food was amazing and the service was equally brilliant. My water glass never got below half full! The portions were generous, we didn't have room for dessert. But we left there vowing we'd come back and enjoy another meal.
This is a cozy and small restaurant. I wouldn't recommend bringing kids here, you'll enjoy it more without them.

• Visited October 2013