“What a ride!”

and up
San Francisco RocketBoat Ride
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: This Bay tour runs seasonally from May – October and departs from PIER 39.
California, US
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“What a ride!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

A friend and I were in San Francisco over the weekend and decided to go on the Rocket Boat (you can catch it from Pier 39). Other than going fast and getting drenched, we weren't sure what to expect. Let me tell you that the driver of the boat is amazing and can make that boat do the craziest maneuvers! That boat didn't go fast, it went FAST! And by the end of the ride my ears, eyes, nostrils, and pant legs were filled with salt water. (If the guys at the dock tell you that you won't need a pancho (free) get one anyway. I think they enjoy seeing everyone get off the boat sopping wet.)

I highly recommend this, but just want to say that it might be scary for kids under the age of 7, Oh and be sure to get there well ahead of the departing time because it's first come, first served and if you miss that departure time you'll be waiting around for quite a while.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank LisaO22

Spokane, Washington
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“WOW! Best Boat Ride Ever!!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a 30 minute ride in a very fast jet boat. Seat belts included! My 11 yr old daughter and 15 yr old son went too and loved it. We sat in the middle, left side and were laughing at all the people getting wet! Oops then it hit us! Still laughing though, it was great. The captain was terrific! He even posed at the end of the ride for a pic with my family! Highly recommend this ride. It was one of the highlights of our San Francisco trip. Don't go if you have neck or back problems. The boat goes at top speed and makes sudden 150 degree turns, starts and stops fast too. Unfortunately you can only buy tickets for the day of the ride, not the specific time. You have to arrive early to get on at one of the specific times (we waited about 45 minutes prior to boarding). It would have been nice to know we had a specific time set for us. We went in early July. The weather was great!

Regina, Canada
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Adreniline junkies paradise! Sit near the back for ultimate ride!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This is an absolute must if the thoughts of looking at bridges from a boat cruise, or touring Alcatraz tour bores you...snore...RocketBoat is thrill seekers high! Not for boring, or scared...those sedate sightseeing bus types will have their world rocked! This is absolute best deal and best excitement out of any San Fran attractions. Fist bumped the driver when we finished..30 minutes is not long enough for the power turns, rockin' tunes excitement. Signed 49 year old Canadian woman!! PS: Sit about 6 rows from rear and you'll get WET...made my trip to San Fran 110% awesome !

1 Thank GrammaGully
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What a blast!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was a little hesitant at first, but I'm so glad I didn't chicken out. This was soooooo much fun! You head out slow into the bay and then take off like a rocket (must be how they got the name). I'd give this more than a 5-star rating if I could. Oh yeah, be prepared to get wet!!

1 Thank Bigdaddy2469