“Great Food Tour To Non-Tourist Area of SF!”

Explore San Francisco - Tours
San Francisco Food Tour: Mission Food and Drink
Ranked #42 of 109 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best and most authentic food and drink tours, neighborhood tours, history tours, running tours and walking tours of San Francisco. Our goal is to show you the same city that we would show to our family and friends. So put down the guide book, get off that bus, and step away from the pier. Come, explore San Francisco with us and see the city as a local.
San Ramon, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Food Tour To Non-Tourist Area of SF!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have lived in the Bay Area and worked in San Francisco since 1974. The only thing I knew about the Mission Area of SF was what was along Mission Street. This tour takes you off Mission Street to see the hidden gems of the area and the regentrification going on by the dot.com crowd and others in this historically Hispanic area of SF. Fun to see the many murals in the are, includinding Balmy, an alley with all the garage doors painted with murals by diferent SF artists. Fun to stop at 4 different locations for a variety of food tastings. Guide lived in the area and was well versed in the history. My girlfriend an I gained a new apreciation for this area of SF. Forget North Beach and Chinatown..try the Mission Tour.

Visited August 2013

Hayward, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful, Marvelous tour”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We did the Explore San Francisco tour with Lily Cole. We had such a terrific time. Lily is very knowledgeable about local culture and history, and is friendly, and patient. One person in our group spoke no English and the companion needed time to translate. The tour took us on a trip through the Mission district, the neighborhood where Lily lives. She knew the people, the history, the undiscovered spots that were so interesting. It was a very hot day (very rare for San Francisco), and she gave us the option of a shorter walk around North Beach and sitting down at a sidewalk table (in the shade) and enjoy gelato. A welcome respite. And delicious too!! I will recommend Lily and the tour to everyone. It really was a grand experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank vagabond41
North Richland Hills, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“We will "Tour San Francisco" again!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were looking last minute for a private tour guide in SanFran for our family of 5. ( Three teenagers) We didn't want want a preset advertised tour that many tour companies offer. Michael was great - he tailored the tour request to our needs, and located us a guide quickly. He is prompt and efficient with organizing all details. There were no questions unanswered. Our tour guide Lorenzo spent the afternoon with us and was pleasant to have guide us around some of the sites in SF. This was a walking tour only, but we did use trollies. I would recommend working with Michael, and I'm sure any of his guides can accommodate your needs. Update- We just got a phone call from Armando at Explore SF and they were able to secure last minute Alcatraz tickets for us for tomorrow, after which we will be going on a food tour. I am really quite pleased with our serendipity finding this company

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Natasha F
Tulsa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“San Francisco Dream”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I was just in San Francisco and am a runner training for numerous marathons this fall. I must say that Deanna with Explore San Francisco was dream find. Not only did I find someone to run with that could show me the trail system. But also she has extensive knowledge of the history of the area. During our Email exchange I mentioned that I wanted to run the Golden Gate bridge. She was so kind to actually offer a private run tour that went through the Presidio and ended crossing the Golden Gate and back. Wow what a run. it's really windy and drops about 10 degree's. Plus all runners think in terms of distance. I can accurately say it's 3 miles across and back. What a fabulous run. We did a little trail running and she showed me the Battery to Bluff system with a fantastic finish out and back on the bridge. If you have not ran this there is no other way to enjoy the view. What a fantastic run and a great run leader. Deanna's fantastic, knows the trails, the history of the trails and is a great run leader. Good luck in all of your endeavors with the business and I can't recommend this enough. Great run and way to go.

Visited July 2013