“Loved it!!”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Was given the details of this place by a local when travelling the big sur & what a great place which we would never have stumbled across, the ethos of this place is great & the food is one of the best I have had whilst travelling the US, perfect portions & the value for money is amazing! Service was great & not over the top, if you want really good food which you would probably pay 4 or 5 times for normally, go here, the ambience & view is also top!!
Very happy we went to this place & would recommend to anyone coming San Fran

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Great location right on Embarcadero and best deal in San Francisco. They have specials each night as well as a version of set menu. This time we had the 3 course Italian $17 with a large antipasti and very tasty penne with a good spicy sauce. The Rack of Lamb $19 was served with tons of veggies and great mash potatoes. Seared scallops for only $11 included 8 or 9 huge tasty scallops. BBQ Chicken for $12 also came with a big slab of sweet potato pie. Butterscotch pudding was only $4.50 The staff is wonderful and nice to hear their stories.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

First time at Delancy...present from my kids while visiting. Was so surprised, good food, superb wine list and the service was good. Lamb to be recommended! What I really would have liked to see is the plating of the food...that could have been better, my personal choice! Food so good as at Delancys....it will be superb if it looked better on the plate. Will definitely go for lunch as well and try try the patio seating.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

We had friends from the east coast in town for the weekend, so we decided on Delancey Strret for dinner Saturday night. I have eaten here three time , so it's time I did a review. You first have to understand that this is a training ground, as part of the Delancy Street Foundation. SInce we were a party of ten, we had reservations. I have walked in here without a reservation on a Saturday night, But I would advise to have a reservation. My wife and I arrived early, and had a beer at the bar. It appears they only have beer and wine, but I'm not absolutely sure. A Stella draft goes for $3 ! Our table was set up and when the others arrived at 7, we were seated. The service here is impeccable, and the food good, but maybe not excellent. Our server was RIchard, and he was about as good as it gets. We started with a greens, dinner salad, and then I had the ribs, while my wife had a pasta dish. The ribs were very good, although the meat doesn't fall off the bone, as some I've had. I was also given a hot moist napkin, which should be required with all rib servings. My wife's pasta dish, which was good, but a little rich for her with an alfredo sauce. I don't know what everyone else had, but there were no complaints. The people with us brought two bottles of wine in with them, which was served by our server. There is an $8/bottle corkage fee, which is very reasonable. They do have a nice wine list, although not extensive for a San Francisco restaurant. In all, this is a place for great service, with very good food, at prices,.............well, the ribs were $11.95, pasta, $ 8.95, salads $3.25, and coffee $1.25. There is an outside patio, although, I've only seen it used for lunch, as San Francisco can be chilly after 6 PM.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

How can you beat this place? With water front views, white table cloths, linen napkins and fresh flowers on the table..... they have super attentive service and great food and very very reasonable prices. My hubby goes for the buffalo wings, less than $5 and the steaks which are less than $12 bucks with veggies and starch! They have great brunches! On Sundays, we love the eggs benedict and the chicken hash dishes! Champagne Mimosas are $3.75,

This is such an extraordinary place because we love the Delancey Street servers. They are so much more attentive, nice, and efficient than some of the fine dining restaurants we frequent. What a super crew they have there! GO and check it out!