Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience All About Chinatown Tours
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews dim sum lunch informative tour private tour small group interests
Selected filters
Reviewed February 9, 2019

I have been visiting China Town for close to 20 years and wanted to learn more about the district. The 10 o'clock walking tour was sold out and the website showed an option for a 1pm tour without the optional lunch. I had taken this tour last year and was impressed so I wanted to take my travel mates this time. Even though there were only the three of us, Linda accommodated us which made for a more "customized" event. I was not disappointed - she was once again passionate, funny and informative and we got the added content about the customs of Chinese New Year. Linda has a great personality and I recommend this tour highly.

Date of experience: February 2019
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

Dear MichelleInPS:

It is very flattering that you wanted to take the tour again and bring new companions!
Chinatown has a long history of culture and institutions, like many early neighborhoods in America. There is no end to the story of immigration and how people adapted through time.

On a personal note, may you always find the jewelry you want in any Chinatown store, both in San Francisco and elsewhere!

Reviewed January 30, 2019

The tour with Linda Lee was great. She was friendly, informative, humorous, and shared her personal experiences about growing up in Chinatown. It was like spending a couple of hours with a friend who you hadn't seen in years. I strongly endorse Linda and her tour.

Date of experience: January 2019
1  Thank Scott G
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2019

Dear Scott G:

We did have a wonderful time at lunch sharing so many life stories.
Might look into a Del Webb home!

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

Highly recommend. Linda is authentic (native) and dynamic. the tour mixes history, culture, anecdote. She has a great sense of humor, very personable.

Date of experience: January 2019
2  Thank 438danieln
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Dear 438danieln:

Thanks for the positive review. If I ever expand to your hometown, look for me on Canal St., Mott St. for sure, and starting the tour at Confucius Plaza. :)

Reviewed January 15, 2019

My 18-year-old daughter and it was a delightful tour. Lynne, our tour guide was so knowledgeable about Chinatown. We would never have learned so much or had such a nice time on our own. We wouldn't have experienced the tea store, the temple, fortune cookie factory, etc. without assistance:) It was a great tour, nice lunch. Very relaxing and interesting.

Date of experience: December 2018
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2019

Dear ChristineM6164:

Lynn is very knowledgeable about the history of the Chinese and very very resourceful.
I'm so glad you and your daughter enjoyed her tour and thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed January 14, 2019

From just a casual conversation the other night at a party, my friend Wendy figured out that she, her husband Marty and their kids took your Chinatown tour while they were on vacation 20 years ago! Wendy remembers how wonderfully fun and knowledgeable you were, and she described in vivid detail all the great stops on the tour. We talked about our favorites...the pharmacy and the dim sum lunch, coincidentally! She also shared a memory of her initial concern about a group of very rough-looking bikers at the restaurant (you had indicated nothing to worry about, rightfully so) who were so friendly to her kids! Thought you'd like to learn about this stellar review from 20 years ago!

Date of experience: December 2018
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Dear Ann Marie M:

Since I have been doing these tours for 36 years, I know that tour guide was me!
I'm thrilled that the two of you remembered so much from the visit.
Thank you for sending me this special note to read.