Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience All About Chinatown Tours
from $38.00
More Info
All reviews linda lee dim sum lunch own experiences great sense of humor excellent tour informative tour private tour small group culture anecdotes native interests sf
Selected filters
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Linda's tour was a great way to not just walk around San Francisco's Chinatown but get a no-nonsense (and often very funny) Chinese view on practical things such as food, language, medicine, religion, education and the cost of living! She handled a range of adults and children on the tour really well and obviously knows her stuff not just for the local area but as someone who is very experienced in working with visitors. We chose the optional lunch and it was very good, including optional chicken feet.

Date of experience: August 2017
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Tom D:

I don't always treat my guests to chicken feet.
I'm glad you both liked it!

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Linda does a great job educating about Chinatown while making it fun and entertaining. Optional lunch was worth the money. Highly recommend

Date of experience: August 2017
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear cgfit2017:

Thanks for letting future guests know you enjoyed both the tour and lunch in Chinatown.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Linda Lee is knowledgeable about the history of Chinatown. She is so funny and entertaining. She doesn't ramble on and on about the history, she gives you quick bites of it here and there. She allows time for questions. She gives time for small purchases, but doesn't linger so that she can make sure the group makes it to all the stops on time. The dim sum tasting was well worth the extra money. It was lots of food and a beautiful restaurant. She took us to a temple and while there she had me "play a game"- ask a question on my head, then shake a container of sticks until one falls out. Then that stick will reveal the answer to your question. Of course, it's written in Chinese. I've included a picture of it if anyone wants to help me figure out what it says.

Date of experience: August 2017
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Emily0116:

I really enjoyed this review from you, as you hit the mark about my tour. My intention is not to lecture any guest about the history and culture of the Chinese in America, but rather highlight a variety of topics so that my guests come away wanting to learn more. As well,
I encourage questions at all times so that there is an interesting and educational exchange of information among our guests. Why, I even give "homework" on my tour to people who love to play games!
Thanks again for your positive review about your tour and luncheon with us.

Reviewed August 6, 2017 via mobile

It was a very good experience to understand the origin and culture. Linda is very kind. She knows it from first hand. The lunch is awesome and an excellent choice. Highly recommemdable tour.

Date of experience: August 2017
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Dear Mariela:

If I can introduce the history and culture of the Chinese in San Francisco, and have you come away interested in what you experienced, that is a wonderful review for me to receive. Thank you!

Reviewed August 3, 2017 via mobile

Our Chinatown walking tour was colorful, informative and fun! Linda, our tour guide, gave us a rich history of Chinatown with flair. We loved it! Thank you!