“Highlight of our SF visit”

All About Chinatown Tours
Ranked #67 of 326 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This walking tour of Chinatown is now in its 35th year. Join us as we visit historic landmarks, fortune cookie factory, the Stockton Street food markets, a secluded Chinese temple, an herbal pharmacy and more. Complete the visit with a dim sum luncheon at one of Chinatown's legendary restaurants.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

This tour exceeded my every expectation. Linda provided interesting and relevant information about Chinatown's origin and history, and also included her perspective on having been born and raised there. I especially appreciated hearing about her Chinese schooling. It was fascinating! The tour was perfectly paced and fun. I also highly recommend participating in the dim sum lunch. The dishes were attractive, plentiful and delicious, and it was so enjoyable to sit down with Linda and our fellow tour members for conversation and this beautiful meal. I began the tour with a cursory interest in China but after spending this time with Linda, added the country to my list of travel. The tour was THAT good! Thank you, Linda for sharing your knowledge and experience with us.

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear Janie H:

Thank you so much for this positive review.
While you learned about the history of the Chinese in America, I learned about communication skills through your expertise. I will make sure that when I give tours, I will read body language as well as answering questions to ensure that my guests are always engaged.
I hope your sister enjoyed the tour as well.
Warm regards,

in 3 reviews
"knowledge"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed August 29, 2017

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2018

Reviewed August 23, 2017

Linda does a great job educating about Chinatown while making it fun and entertaining. Optional lunch was worth the money. Highly recommend

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Dear cgfit2017:

Thanks for letting future guests know you enjoyed both the tour and lunch in Chinatown.

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Linda Lee is knowledgeable about the history of Chinatown. She is so funny and entertaining. She doesn't ramble on and on about the history, she gives you quick bites of it here and there. She allows time for questions. She gives time for small purchases, but doesn't linger so that she can make sure the group makes it to all the stops on time. The dim sum tasting was well worth the extra money. It was lots of food and a beautiful restaurant. She took us to a temple and while there she had me "play a game"- ask a question on my head, then shake a container of sticks until one falls out. Then that stick will reveal the answer to your question. Of course, it's written in Chinese. I've included a picture of it if anyone wants to help me figure out what it says.

Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Dear Emily0116:

I really enjoyed this review from you, as you hit the mark about my tour. My intention is not to lecture any guest about the history and culture of the Chinese in America, but rather highlight a variety of topics so that my guests come away wanting to learn more. As well,
I encourage questions at all times so that there is an interesting and educational exchange of information among our guests. Why, I even give "homework" on my tour to people who love to play games!
Thanks again for your positive review about your tour and luncheon with us.