Book In Advance

Start Date
End Date
Tours from All About Chinatown Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $35.00
from $21.18
from $69.00
More Info
All reviews linda lee dim sum lunch the fortune cookie factory great tour tour guide chinese immigrants optional lunch great sense of humor booked this tour an amazing guide would highly recommend this tour a lot of fun walking tour culture stories neighborhood childhood
Reviewed June 8, 2016

From start to finish, this was an incredible experience. Linda is an extraordinarily dynamic tour guide that kept the entire group engaged throughout--no small feat considering that half of the group consisted of 7th & 8th grade girl scouts!

There was loads of interesting historical information, a fascinating overview of Chinese medicine, some compelling personal anecdotes, and so much more.

I would recommend this tour in a heartbeat.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed May 24, 2016

This was an awesome field trip! I took about 20 middle school (7th and 8th grade) students on a tour of Chinatown. The tour was the perfect length to hold their interest (1.5 hours). We made a great number of stops and saw a wide array of sites including murals, a temple, the fortune cookie factory, and many shops. Our tour guide, Alan Fong, was fantastic. He told us many interesting facts and personal details about his own life. I learned SO much on this tour and I am sure my students did as well. He was a perfect tour guide!

Date of experience: May 2016
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visit.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your tour with Alan Fong. He is a perfect host to showcase Chinatown's culture and history with his extensive knowledge along with his personal experiences as a native of Chinatown. It's a challenge to teach and entertain middle school students but Alan does it because he is an exceptional tour guide.

Reviewed May 7, 2016

Not worth the time or money. Boring stops. Guide gave very little historical info. Walked through a couple of alleys. Walked through a grocery store. Given little info. Very disappointing.

Date of experience: May 2016
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your honest feedback.

On every tour, we start with information about how and why the Chinese came to America, and what Chinatown is like today as a community.
Next are visits to an herbal pharmacy, a historic landmark known for its unique business and architecture, and then wind through several alleys to view private clubs off the beaten track and highlight their significance for the early Chinese pioneers. We include a visit to a historic landmark which houses a civil rights organization that started in the late 1800’s and a Chinese language school. Included on every tour is a stroll through the Stockton St. food markets, a visit to a secluded temple, and a stop to witness the making and tasting of fortune cookies.

We hope that these stops introduce visitors to the history and culture of San Francisco’s Chinatown. We are sorry that our tour did not meet your expectations. At the end of the tour, we give a handout of places to shop and eat, which includes a recommendation to visit the Chinese Historical Society of America Museum. Their exhibits engage visitors to learn more about the history with photographs, artifacts, and panels of detailed information.

We hope you’ll come back to explore Chinatown again, a neighborhood of 40 alleys with a history of 160 years in the making.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

I had taken Linda's tour with both my kids classes from Edna Maguire Elementary School in Mill Valley. She made the tour fun and very informative for the kids.

This year in April, my 64 yr old sister came out from Texas and insisted on seeing Chinatown. My first and only thought was to call Linda Lee with All About Chinatown. My son even begged to go again and remembered from his first trip, to wear yellow as it is good luck!

Linda Lee made this a once in a life time, memorable trip for my sister. We laughed, joked while she shared her many secrets that "most" do not know!

I highly recomend this tour for all ages!

Lynnann Lazzareschi
Mill Valley-California

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

Linda Lee is an amazing tour guide and is extremely knowledgable. It was me and my three young daughters, ages 7, 9 and 11. We were paired with another mom and her two kids ages 12 and 9. Linda Lee knew how to make the tour interesting for both the adults and the children. She didn't get frustrated with all their questions but instead encouraged them! I have always been skeptical of organized tours but this changed my mind. We saw so much more and learned so much more than we ever would have from a book or by just walking around ourselves. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: February 2016