Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience All About Chinatown Tours
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews dim sum lunch own experiences excellent tour informative tour private tour small group history interests sf
Selected filters
Reviewed June 22, 2016

My wife and I have often visited Chinatown, but this was the first time we took a tour. The All About Chinatown Tour was great, and our guide was informative and a pleasure to be around. We visited little shops on tiny allies - places you would never see on your own. Anyone can walk through Chinatown, but if you really want to "experience" it - take this tour. You'll be glad you did.

Reviewed June 8, 2016

From start to finish, this was an incredible experience. Linda is an extraordinarily dynamic tour guide that kept the entire group engaged throughout--no small feat considering that half of the group consisted of 7th & 8th grade girl scouts!

There was loads of interesting historical information, a fascinating overview of Chinese medicine, some compelling personal anecdotes, and so much more.

I would recommend this tour in a heartbeat.

Reviewed June 8, 2016

I was on the same tour with the Girl Scouts, and it was absolutely wonderful! Lots of history and culture were included in each of the different stops. Linda does a great job – she’s very knowledgeable, entertaining and engaging. We had a large group, and she remembered everyone’s name and where they were from after our initial introductions – a lovely, personal touch to a great tour. You will truly enjoy this walking tour, including the delicious Dim Sum lunch – I highly recommend it!
Ann Marie L.

Reviewed June 5, 2016

This is a wonderful trip and excellent value! Linda Lee grew up in Chinatown San Francisco and has a perspective that is valuable and educational. Wonderful sense of humor, excellent presentation and the dim sum lunch YUMMY! I took a group of 7th grade Girl Scouts with three adults and every one of them was happy we took the time for this event. Don't think twice - add it onto your itinerary! It is a walking tour so those who cannot stand for long period might have an issue. I had a broken foot in a cast so I did leave the tour part about 30 minutes early and waited at the restaurant, but I had been walking all around San Francisco for some days beforehand, so that was probably more to blame. I saw a review that said this tour had little historical info, etc. and I can only believe they mixed up this tour with a different one, because this tour was filled with historical perspectives and information, including visual drawings and photographs of what Chinatown was in the beginning compared with present day.

Reviewed May 24, 2016

This was an awesome field trip! I took about 20 middle school (7th and 8th grade) students on a tour of Chinatown. The tour was the perfect length to hold their interest (1.5 hours). We made a great number of stops and saw a wide array of sites including murals, a temple, the fortune cookie factory, and many shops. Our tour guide, Alan Fong, was fantastic. He told us many interesting facts and personal details about his own life. I learned SO much on this tour and I am sure my students did as well. He was a perfect tour guide!

Date of experience: May 2016
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your visit.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed your tour with Alan Fong. He is a perfect host to showcase Chinatown's culture and history with his extensive knowledge along with his personal experiences as a native of Chinatown. It's a challenge to teach and entertain middle school students but Alan does it because he is an exceptional tour guide.