Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience All About Chinatown Tours
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews dim sum lunch own experiences excellent tour informative tour private tour small group history interests sf
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2016

I always try to purchase a guided tour when traveling because you get so much more information and context than just looking and walking around on your own. Ms. Linda's tour was an amazing experience. My 11 and 6 year just loved the tour and Ms. Linda. She is very kid friendly. She took our small group to places that we would have never ventured or known about on our own:

~Fortune Cookie Shop-small shop in a back alley. We briefly stayed and watched them being made and purchased a few bags for snacks.
~Pharmacy-got to walk through and look at the way eastern medicine does it...pharmacist filling prescriptions from drawers filled with dried plants and animal parts. Very interesting.
~small Buddhist Temple
~China Town grocery-now this is still the talk in our family. Definitely old world. Actually felt lucky to experience this.... even though it is not for squeamish people.
~Lunch at restaurant in China Town-Ms. Linda set the group up and we had a wonderful lunch.

Not your typical bus tour. Your are walking the busy streets amongst the people in China Town. Highly recommend!

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed May 7, 2016

Not worth the time or money. Boring stops. Guide gave very little historical info. Walked through a couple of alleys. Walked through a grocery store. Given little info. Very disappointing.

Date of experience: May 2016
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your honest feedback.

On every tour, we start with information about how and why the Chinese came to America, and what Chinatown is like today as a community.
Next are visits to an herbal pharmacy, a historic landmark known for its unique business and architecture, and then wind through several alleys to view private clubs off the beaten track and highlight their significance for the early Chinese pioneers. We include a visit to a historic landmark which houses a civil rights organization that started in the late 1800’s and a Chinese language school. Included on every tour is a stroll through the Stockton St. food markets, a visit to a secluded temple, and a stop to witness the making and tasting of fortune cookies.

We hope that these stops introduce visitors to the history and culture of San Francisco’s Chinatown. We are sorry that our tour did not meet your expectations. At the end of the tour, we give a handout of places to shop and eat, which includes a recommendation to visit the Chinese Historical Society of America Museum. Their exhibits engage visitors to learn more about the history with photographs, artifacts, and panels of detailed information.

We hope you’ll come back to explore Chinatown again, a neighborhood of 40 alleys with a history of 160 years in the making.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

I had taken Linda's tour with both my kids classes from Edna Maguire Elementary School in Mill Valley. She made the tour fun and very informative for the kids.

This year in April, my 64 yr old sister came out from Texas and insisted on seeing Chinatown. My first and only thought was to call Linda Lee with All About Chinatown. My son even begged to go again and remembered from his first trip, to wear yellow as it is good luck!

Linda Lee made this a once in a life time, memorable trip for my sister. We laughed, joked while she shared her many secrets that "most" do not know!

I highly recomend this tour for all ages!

Lynnann Lazzareschi
Mill Valley-California

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed March 26, 2016 via mobile

We had a fantastic time with Linda Lee, walking the streets of Chinatown. Her tour is very informative and lots of fun! Our group had a family with small children, teenagers, and an older couple. It was an easy walk and everyone was entertained. We chose to include lunch with our tour. It was a perfect end to a fun morning!

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

Linda Lee is an amazing tour guide and is extremely knowledgable. It was me and my three young daughters, ages 7, 9 and 11. We were paired with another mom and her two kids ages 12 and 9. Linda Lee knew how to make the tour interesting for both the adults and the children. She didn't get frustrated with all their questions but instead encouraged them! I have always been skeptical of organized tours but this changed my mind. We saw so much more and learned so much more than we ever would have from a book or by just walking around ourselves. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: February 2016