Book In Advance
Tours from All About Chinatown Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $35.00
from $21.18
from $69.00
More Info
All reviews linda lee dim sum lunch the fortune cookie factory great tour tour guide chinese immigrants optional lunch great sense of humor booked this tour an amazing guide would highly recommend this tour a lot of fun walking tour culture stories neighborhood childhood
Reviewed May 7, 2016

Not worth the time or money. Boring stops. Guide gave very little historical info. Walked through a couple of alleys. Walked through a grocery store. Given little info. Very disappointing.

Date of experience: May 2016
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your honest feedback.

On every tour, we start with information about how and why the Chinese came to America, and what Chinatown is like today as a community.
Next are visits to an herbal pharmacy, a historic landmark known for its unique business and architecture, and then wind through several alleys to view private clubs off the beaten track and highlight their significance for the early Chinese pioneers. We include a visit to a historic landmark which houses a civil rights organization that started in the late 1800’s and a Chinese language school. Included on every tour is a stroll through the Stockton St. food markets, a visit to a secluded temple, and a stop to witness the making and tasting of fortune cookies.

We hope that these stops introduce visitors to the history and culture of San Francisco’s Chinatown. We are sorry that our tour did not meet your expectations. At the end of the tour, we give a handout of places to shop and eat, which includes a recommendation to visit the Chinese Historical Society of America Museum. Their exhibits engage visitors to learn more about the history with photographs, artifacts, and panels of detailed information.

We hope you’ll come back to explore Chinatown again, a neighborhood of 40 alleys with a history of 160 years in the making.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

I had taken Linda's tour with both my kids classes from Edna Maguire Elementary School in Mill Valley. She made the tour fun and very informative for the kids.

This year in April, my 64 yr old sister came out from Texas and insisted on seeing Chinatown. My first and only thought was to call Linda Lee with All About Chinatown. My son even begged to go again and remembered from his first trip, to wear yellow as it is good luck!

Linda Lee made this a once in a life time, memorable trip for my sister. We laughed, joked while she shared her many secrets that "most" do not know!

I highly recomend this tour for all ages!

Lynnann Lazzareschi
Mill Valley-California

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

Linda Lee is an amazing tour guide and is extremely knowledgable. It was me and my three young daughters, ages 7, 9 and 11. We were paired with another mom and her two kids ages 12 and 9. Linda Lee knew how to make the tour interesting for both the adults and the children. She didn't get frustrated with all their questions but instead encouraged them! I have always been skeptical of organized tours but this changed my mind. We saw so much more and learned so much more than we ever would have from a book or by just walking around ourselves. I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Date of experience: February 2016
Reviewed March 5, 2016

We enjoyed two tours in two days and enjoyed both, tremendously. Jeff Caplinger made the Grimke sisters come alive by showing us the houses and several poihts of interest from the book.His knowledge of Charleston was amazing. The food and wine on the second tour was out of this world. We can't wait to take another tour with Jeff,

Date of experience: March 2016
Reviewed December 2, 2015 via mobile

First off, I was a drop in with no notice. Linda kindly took me on and I was very thankful. I would recommend booking though. She was lovely, funny and engaging. It was awesome to learn the history of Chinatown from someone that grew up there. Her stories were very entertaining. We went to a traditional Chinese medicine herbal shop, Chinese market with food that was still alive if you know what I mean!! We went to a fortune cookie factory where the ladies were making them right in front of us! They gave out warm yummy samples!! We learned about Chinese cultural traditions from birth to death. It was well worth the money and time! One man on our tour was even there for his second time. Thanks Linda Lee for introducing me to your neighborhood.

Date of experience: December 2015