Book In Advance
Tours from All About Chinatown Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $35.00
from $21.18
from $69.00
More Info
All reviews linda lee dim sum lunch the fortune cookie factory great tour tour guide chinese immigrants optional lunch great sense of humor booked this tour an amazing guide would highly recommend this tour a lot of fun walking tour culture stories neighborhood childhood
Reviewed February 9, 2019

I have been visiting China Town for close to 20 years and wanted to learn more about the district. The 10 o'clock walking tour was sold out and the website showed an option for a 1pm tour without the optional lunch. I had taken this tour last year and was impressed so I wanted to take my travel mates this time. Even though there were only the three of us, Linda accommodated us which made for a more "customized" event. I was not disappointed - she was once again passionate, funny and informative and we got the added content about the customs of Chinese New Year. Linda has a great personality and I recommend this tour highly.

Date of experience: February 2019
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2019

Dear MichelleInPS:

It is very flattering that you wanted to take the tour again and bring new companions!
Chinatown has a long history of culture and institutions, like many early neighborhoods in America. There is no end to the story of immigration and how people adapted through time.

On a personal note, may you always find the jewelry you want in any Chinatown store, both in San Francisco and elsewhere!

Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

Highly recommend. Linda is authentic (native) and dynamic. the tour mixes history, culture, anecdote. She has a great sense of humor, very personable.

Date of experience: January 2019
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2019

Dear 438danieln:

Thanks for the positive review. If I ever expand to your hometown, look for me on Canal St., Mott St. for sure, and starting the tour at Confucius Plaza. :)

Reviewed January 13, 2019 via mobile

We loved our tour of Chinatown with Linda. Linda grew up in Chinatown and had some many stories and information to share.
I highly recommend a tour with Linda as an introduction to the history of one of the most interesting areas of San Francisco.

Date of experience: December 2018
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2019

Dear claudiamB7305SE:

Chinatown is a close knit community of people who have endless stories to tell. I was lucky to have been born in Chinatown and loved growing up with family, friends and institutions that are still in the hood.
Thank you for your 5 Green Circle review!

Reviewed December 5, 2018 via mobile

Linda was incredible! Very fun and knowledgeable. Even as a local playing tourist, I learned so much!

Date of experience: December 2018
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2018

Dear Venture764044:

Let's face it. It's great to be a tourist in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Just when you think you've seen it all, there is something new around the corner, across the bay, sometimes right in your local neighborhood.
Thanks for your positive review.

Reviewed November 30, 2018 via mobile

I took your tour a couple weeks ago and absolutely loved it! That morning I thought “I’ll be in Chinatown a couple hours on this tour and then I’ll go to North beach and see a bunch of other stuff.” That was absolutely not the case. I spent the entire day in Chinatown. I fell in love with it. I really enjoyed learning about the history of the neighborhood but also about the people that live their now. I have recommended your tour to anyone who will listen. I want you to know that I think I might have done the homework you gave me. It turns out that one of my students reads Chinese but she said the paper you gave me was two hard so she had to send it to her mom and two aunts. Everyone was helping me find the answer to my question on that day. All my friends loved that story. After lunch I went back to the fortune cookie factory to buy a bunch for all my friends and family., shopped in way more shops than I had planned on, and sipped tea for awhile at the tea shop you recommended. Meeting that man was quite a treat as well. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your neighborhood and history with me. I am forever changed. I was most looking forward to your tour and I was in no way disappointed. Your tour was a highlight of my trip for sure!

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank hambro512
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2018

Dear Hambro512:

I absolutely know you took this tour with me, as I love giving "homework" to my guests from the temple. Of course,
the homework is really an answer to your question that will beget more questions, which is why the homework is never ending! I'm glad you stopped back into the fortune cookie factory. It is sometimes so crowded that we essentially breeze through, take a quick look, enjoy a sample, moving continuously through a line of visitors.
Lastly, sipping tea leisurely on your own time after the tour is the best way to end the visit, where you enjoy the freshest teas, meet other guests, and rest those feet before the next adventure.
This review was exactly why I do these tours - to have visitors learn a little about anything, but be inspired to learn more. Thank you for your detailed review. I loved it!

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

Thank you to Linda Lee, our tour guide. We learned a lot and had a lot of fun and laughs. The tour was not too fast paced so it was great. Linda was raised in Chinatown, so she knows a lot and it is all very interesting. Never would have learned what we did just by walking on our own.

Date of experience: October 2018
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2018

Dear Scott S:

I'm scrolling through 2018 reviews that I missed to post a response before the year ends.

While Chinatown is a colorful neighborhood inviting for guests to stroll through on their own, it's much more memorable if a visitor can ask questions and create an exchange of information.

Thank you for your positive review, and
Happy New Year for 2019.