Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience All About Chinatown Tours
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews linda lee dim sum lunch own experiences excellent tour informative tour private tour small group history interests sf
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2015

This was one of the most memorable tours I've taken particularly because of the awesome tour guide, Linda Lee. I learned a tremendous amount of history and culture about Chinatown, but also the wonderful family and familiar stories told by our tour guide, Linda made me feel like I was simply walking through the neighborhood with a friend. She tailored the tour to our interests and answered all of our questions patiently. At the end I felt free to continue to explore the community a little on my own. This is a must for all who visit San Francisco!

Reviewed September 6, 2015

Tour led by Linda Lee who is a natural guide with years of experience talking about an area she grew up in and seems to love. She has a great sense of working with her group and providing fascinating information in an educational manner without teaching. Enjoyable tour capped off by a delicious dim sum meal at the Oriental Pearl Restaurant. Highlights of tour included a pharmacy, fortune cookie factory, a busy market, the Lee On Dong Youth. group Association with family temple, and many interim stops with stories and facts about area. Linda Lee wa great and made the tour veory memorable. Well worth the time and cost.

Reviewed September 4, 2015

How much better than to tour San Francisco's Chinatown with one of their own, someone who has been touring this hearty, bustling part of The City for going on 32 years. Linda Lee, owner of All About Chinatown Tours, is that person and you won't find a more engaging, entertaining and knowledgeable host than Linda.
I like to say, I'm a repeat offender having been on one of Linda's tours on my last visit two years ago and we met up again on a recent Monday morning to renew the experience. It's nice to have a small group to tour with and Linda makes it a point to get to known everyone just a little bit as we move along the narrow streets and among the many shopkeepers dotting Stockton and Grant streets. Listening to Linda recite the history of The City's Chinatown makes it more real when the guide heart and soul spent a great portion of her life among the people there.
The tour comes to life listening to Linda's personal stories especially the one about attending Chinese school. and her attempt to remove herself from that detention. It's a very funny story. A visit to a local herbalist and the original fortune cookie factory along with an optional lunch are all highlights.
Linda's tour is a must see....

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank PAUL D
Reviewed September 3, 2015 via mobile

There is a Chinatown in almost every important city over the world, but a tour with local people walking the street as a Chinese just one, which is guided by Linda Lee.
She is amazing and makes the tour fantastic, taking you to a Chinese pharmacy, market, her family's association building, a fortune cookie factory, enjoying them as a local.
the complements the tour with her own experience and pictures.
Finally, we had lunch at a quiet restaurant, tasting local dishes.
I would highly recommend this tour!!

1  Thank myamit_19
Reviewed August 29, 2015

We did this tour today and it was excellent in every way. Linda Lee the tour guide kept us entertained and informed throughout the various stops and even took us to her family's Buddhist temple. I would recommend taking the tour with lunch as it was authentic and delicious.

Date of experience: August 2015