Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience All About Chinatown Tours
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews dim sum lunch own experiences excellent tour informative tour private tour small group history interests sf
Selected filters
Reviewed March 6, 2015

We took this tour last summer, Linda was our tour guide who was great, gave us lots of interesting info about Chinatown. My teenage daughter didn't want to go, but she ended up very interested in the tour. Linda has a great personality, very friendly and really makes the tour great. My favorite stop was the Chinese medicine shop and learning what some of the remedies were for a variety of ailments. The size of the tour group was perfect, less than 10 of us.

Date of experience: August 2014
Reviewed February 16, 2015

I truly enjoyed myself and learned many new things. My husband and I will be returning to China town and take the time to walk around and enjoy more of the local culture, especially the food.

I will be referring 1st timers to your tour.

Again, thank you for doing what you do so that others can be educated and have a wonderful experience

Reviewed February 16, 2015

We took this tour on Valentines Day 2015. Linda was fabulous! Very informative and entertaining. We elected to add the lunch on as well and we enjoyed that as well. We were treated to an unexpected parade due to the Chinese New Year and although I think it made the streets extra crowded it was well worth it. Would definitely recommend this tour.

Reviewed February 7, 2015

Many thanks to our tour guides, Lynn and Jim, for a delightful start to our day! My Auntie and I thoroughly enjoyed the Chinatown tour and lunch (highly recommend). Our guides were informative and thoughtful from start to finish. We came away with some wonderful memories and treasures. This is the best way to experience Chinatown!

Reviewed December 29, 2014

Our family met Linda for the tour on a beautiful morning, just a couple of days before Christmas. For over 2 hours, she led us through Chinatown while frequently stopping to share stories. Walking the busy streets exposed us to so much of the Chinese culture, architecture and mystique. Highlights included shopping at a Chinese pharmacy full of ancient remedies, munching on fortune cookies hot off the press, and walking through a food market where our kids marveled at people picking out live toads and turtles for dinner. Do you know which toad tastes better? Linda's accounts of her family, how it was to grow up in Chinatown and how she became educated were very interesting. What endeared us most to Linda was how well she related to our two boys (ages 14 and 15). We loved Linda's sense of humor and how much fun she was to be around. The tour ended with an optional lunch (strongly recommend) at a very clean restaurant in Chinatown. We sat at a big round table with the others in our group and enjoyed perfectly prepared Dim Sum. Everybody had a chance to connect and share details on where they were from. Linda combines her local knowledge and cool personality to provide an extremely enjoyable tour. We are thankful to have met her.

Date of experience: December 2014