“My visit highlight”

All About Chinatown Tours
Ranked #66 of 320 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This walking tour of Chinatown is now in its 35th year. Join us as we visit historic landmarks, fortune cookie factory, the Stockton Street food markets, a secluded Chinese temple, an herbal pharmacy and more. Complete the visit with a dim sum luncheon at one of Chinatown's legendary restaurants.
Useful Information: Activities for older children

in 3 reviews
"knowledge"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 20, 2014

Linda Lee was our superb guide for this tour. She's funny, feisty, charming, and very knowledgeable. We learned some of the history of SF's Chinatown, heard about what it's like to grow up and live there, and also learned some the history of Chinese immigrants to the U.S. I had been on a small SF/Chinatown tour before, (Mr. Toad; now out of business,) which couldn't compare with what we saw and learned this time around. Linda exceeded our expectations. Wheelchair visitors wouldn't be able to navigate, but the pace is suitable for anyone who can stroll.

1  Thank Bob E
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Hands down, Linda's Chinatown tour exceeded our expectations--- even considering the high bar reviews from others. Considering her vast experience with China town tours she made our small group feel the passion of the sights and culture of Chinatown. We learned so much beyond the typical highlight tour and Q &A exchanges. We highly recommend this tour for any group small or large. visitinh China town..

1  Thank Al P
See more reviews
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I cannot recommend this experience highly enough for classroom teachers! Linda is an exceptionally knowledgable, energetic and engaging guide. She held our boisterous crowd of 18 second graders in her thrall all morning and opened the wonders of Chinatown around them. When I let LInda know about the Laurence Yep book that our class was reading to help "set the stage" for our tour of Chinatown, she took it upon herself to read the book on her own before our date; she wove historical details and events from the book into our tour, only deepening our learners' immersion in our shared experience. My kids absorbed every moment of our experience in Linda's expert care, and we practically flew home on the excitement she generated.
I look forward to building even more preparation into next year's preview to our tour, and I am already looking forward to it. It was, without question, one of the more valuable field trips I have shared with a class, and I encourage teachers of any age to rely upon this invaluable resource to deepen and contextualize study of immigration and Chinese culture.

2  Thank Sarah L