“Invaluable Learning Experience for Classroom Teachers”

All About Chinatown Tours
Ranked #66 of 320 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This walking tour of Chinatown is now in its 35th year. Join us as we visit historic landmarks, fortune cookie factory, the Stockton Street food markets, a secluded Chinese temple, an herbal pharmacy and more. Complete the visit with a dim sum luncheon at one of Chinatown's legendary restaurants.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I cannot recommend this experience highly enough for classroom teachers! Linda is an exceptionally knowledgable, energetic and engaging guide. She held our boisterous crowd of 18 second graders in her thrall all morning and opened the wonders of Chinatown around them. When I let LInda know about the Laurence Yep book that our class was reading to help "set the stage" for our tour of Chinatown, she took it upon herself to read the book on her own before our date; she wove historical details and events from the book into our tour, only deepening our learners' immersion in our shared experience. My kids absorbed every moment of our experience in Linda's expert care, and we practically flew home on the excitement she generated.
I look forward to building even more preparation into next year's preview to our tour, and I am already looking forward to it. It was, without question, one of the more valuable field trips I have shared with a class, and I encourage teachers of any age to rely upon this invaluable resource to deepen and contextualize study of immigration and Chinese culture.

2  Thank Sarah L

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Reviewed March 26, 2014

See more reviews
Reviewed March 17, 2014

When I asked those in my group what was the most interesting aspect of our trip, the reply was THIS TOUR! Linda had a group of high schoolers so Beth was our tour provider. Beth has a genuine passion for China Town. Learned so much about this part of the city. It was an easy walk and Beth kept us entertained with many sights. Highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank sammyb
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear sammyb:

Thank you so much for letting future visitors know how much you enjoyed your tour with Beth.
You are spot on - Beth is knowledgeable and continually interested in the history and culture of the Chinese in America.

Linda Lee, Owner