Book In Advance
Tours from All About Chinatown Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $35.00
from $68.51
from $35.00
More Info
All reviews linda lee dim sum lunch the fortune cookie factory great tour tour guide chinese immigrants optional lunch great sense of humor booked this tour an amazing guide would highly recommend this tour a lot of fun walking tour culture stories neighborhood childhood
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We took the Chinatown tour with Linda. She knows a lot about the area, and shared some very interesting information, but we didn't feel like we really saw much off the beaten track. Interesting but not a "must do".

Date of experience: January 2014
2  Thank Rhys P
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your review of the tour. The tour is designed to be a comprehensive visit highlighting the culture and the history of the area. We start off with history, then visit an herbal pharmacy, the food markets, view historic landmarks, stop in at a fortune cookie factory, and end at a temple. I have permission to bring guests not ordinarily open to tour groups, such as the herbal pharmacy and select temples. Many guests have told me that if they had not taken the tour, they would not know where and how accessible some of these places were.
That said, I welcome your suggestions as to what you would have liked to see for an "off the beaten path" tour. It's a delicate balance to be invited but not be intrusive when we tour a community of residents. I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Those were the words I heard yesterday, during and after our tour of Chinatown. I've been taking 5th graders on this field trip for at least ten years, and I still have former students telling me the same thing, year after year! 8th graders cheered my class on as we headed for the bus, promising them an "awesome trip"! My classes are large, so we typically break into two groups, and because Linda Lee is a fabulous guide, I usually go with her group. Yesterday, I followed Beth, and was equally delighted! In fact, each year the kids and parents rave about the tour and each docent we've had. The docents are knowledgeable, interesting, and eager to tailor their tour to what we've been studying in class. They engage the entire group, children and adults alike. This field trip is a "keeper" for me!

Date of experience: November 2013
1  Thank SueBucchianeri
allaboutchinatown, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear Mrs. B,

This is one of the best reviews for Beth and myself, to read, and I sheepishly admit, to read over and over! When you tell us that your 8th graders told the 5th graders that their trip would be awesome, it makes our hearts sing. We look forward to introducing "generations" of 5th graders to historic and cultural Chinatown. Thank you for letting others know that your students and adults enjoyed their Chinatown tour with us.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

We were a group of 50 Senior Citizens that wanted to visit Chinatown and our experience was amazing! Our guides Stan Gee, Lynn Eichinger & Jim Adams were exceptional and shared so many interesting stories about the history and culture of the residents. The guides paced their tour to accommodate our guests without disruption to the tour flow. We saw so many things we never would have on our own. We would all highly recommend this tour to anyone wanting to learn more about Chinatown in a fun and friendly environment. From the time we booked this tour with Linda Lee to the day we went, the entire event was professional and a highlight of our tour to the City.

Date of experience: November 2013
1  Thank Brenda J

Dear Brenda J,

You are very right - Stan, Lynn, and JIm are all exceptional guides. Each of them bring to Chinatown a different perspective, a breadth of knowledge of cultures and history, and all three have the ability to share these views with their guests so that the visit is interesting and memorable.
I especially appreciate your comment about the pacing for your senior visitors, an important skill to making a "walking" tour of Chinatown accessible for all. Thanks for your comments. I'm sure that other guests who might have questions about mobility for senior groups find your comments helpful.

Linda Lee, owner

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing tour through China town. Linda Lee provided us with great insights and a charming tour. You never get tired of listening to her and her many stories and information she has to share.

A must see in San Francisco!!

1  Thank Inspiration397447
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great day for all here. There were many little shops to see the boys loved the kite shops, my daughters the Hello Kitty shop, and I found a cut lace table cloth for a bargain. I suggest you stay out of the restaurants and hit the dim sum shops, another great bargain. I found that at the shop I went to they did not speak English, but I just pointed to what I wanted and that sufficed. We all loved trying the new foods even the kids loved it, and everyone knows what picky eaters kids can be. Wear walking shoes for you will be doing a lot of it!

Date of experience: March 2013
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hello,

I'm glad you had a good time visiting Chinatown.
Just curious…were you intending to post this review on another site about Chinatown, the neighborhood? This listing is for All About Chinatown Tours, a guided tour company.
You might want to double check your review to see that it was correctly posted to the right website.

Linda Lee, Owner