Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience All About Chinatown Tours
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews dim sum lunch own experiences excellent tour informative tour private tour small group history interests sf
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

What an amazing tour through China town. Linda Lee provided us with great insights and a charming tour. You never get tired of listening to her and her many stories and information she has to share.

A must see in San Francisco!!

1  Thank Inspiration397447
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Linda Lee was an excellent tour guide as she provided the history of how Chinatown came to be. She toured us through parts of the area that we would never have thought of going such as the herbalist pharmacy, fortune cookie factory, and to the food market. We opted for the dim sum lunch which offered up more time to spend with Linda learning more about Chinatown and to meet the rest of the tour group in a more relaxed setting.

Date of experience: October 2013
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I am a native San Franciscan and have heard of this tour for many years. I had a day off and thought, hey, let's finally do this. I have read a lot about Chinatown and have been visiting it since childhood (I'm 50, now) and wanted to learn more about it. Not only did our guide, Linda Lee, take us away from the general tourist area and explain the history of Chinatown, she took us to places that Chinatown residents use, such as a grocery market, herbalist, Buddhist temple and other interesting places that are off the beaten track. She also answered all of our questions, no matter how uninformed and has a great sense of humor to boot. I can actually see her doing open mic night at a comedy club. The tour is a bargain for two hours of visits, historical info and walking. I opted for the lunch, which was delicious, as it gives you another hour to talk to Linda and also to meet other people in the group, who come from all over the world. The only thing that I was sorry about was waiting so long to take this tour! Shame on me!

Date of experience: October 2013
1  Thank 585scottb
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Linda Lee is an excellent tour guide. Took us to places in Chinatown an average tourist might not think to wander into--pharmacy/herbalist, fortune cookie factory, market, temple, store to purchase cemetery offerings. Ended with a delicious dim sum lunch at Imperial Pearl.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This tour was so informative and interesting that I cannot imagine having experienced Chinatown without it. Our guide, Beth, not only related the history of the neighborhood and the Chinese in San Francisco, she gave us a very good sense of life in this place now. Seeing the market, the pharmacy, and especially the store with the paper goods that are burned in honor of deceased relatives were all experiences we would not have had if we had just walked through the main tourist thoroughfare. Even my teenager said it was very good. This tour is a very good value too.

Date of experience: September 2013