Book In Advance
More Information

Ways to Experience All About Chinatown Tours
from $75.00
More Info
All reviews linda lee dim sum lunch own experiences excellent tour informative tour private tour small group history interests sf
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Reserved this tour online on advice of trip advisors. They were correct in their reviews, very nice.
We saw a lot of chinatown we would not have seen on our own, rubbing elbows with the locals.
Visited a Chinese alternative pharmaceutical, the aroma almost overpowering with so many different herbs and spices. Never saw so many different dried mushrooms. Such a nice place to see. Went to a very small fortune cookie factory and met a barber that played a 2 stringed instrument and sand, so sweet. Experienced a Buddist temple, saw the family club houses, and went to the market. We booked the tour with dim sum lunch. The guide very informative, formerly a teacher in the area.

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Great day for all here. There were many little shops to see the boys loved the kite shops, my daughters the Hello Kitty shop, and I found a cut lace table cloth for a bargain. I suggest you stay out of the restaurants and hit the dim sum shops, another great bargain. I found that at the shop I went to they did not speak English, but I just pointed to what I wanted and that sufficed. We all loved trying the new foods even the kids loved it, and everyone knows what picky eaters kids can be. Wear walking shoes for you will be doing a lot of it!

Date of experience: March 2013
Linda L, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Hello,

I'm glad you had a good time visiting Chinatown.
Just curious…were you intending to post this review on another site about Chinatown, the neighborhood? This listing is for All About Chinatown Tours, a guided tour company.
You might want to double check your review to see that it was correctly posted to the right website.

Linda Lee, Owner

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Linda Lee is a wonderful guide thru Chinatown. I got a lot of impressions of Chinese lifestyle, insights of places like a public space, a bakery, a temple. I learned a lot of food, family relations and attitudes.

It was so funny how Linda sometimes imitated the chinese accent. And: I'll see the chinese medicine from now up with different eyes :-)

Highly recommended!

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

A really good self guided tour through the app. I must say the highlight of the tour was the Golden Gate Bakery, got to try the egg tarts and the famous moon cake.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I consider ourselves fortunate to have had Dave Jung as our tour leader. I believe he must be the unofficial mayor of Chinatown...he knows everyone. We experienced all of the promised sights and stops for the tour plus heard many inside stories about Dave's family and the Chinatown neighborhood. I would recommend this tour for adults and teens.

Date of experience: August 2013
1  Thank Gwhincc
allaboutchinatown, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for writing a review of Dave's tour.
I had to wait for Dave to retire from his successful businesses and begged him to squeeze in time between his involvement in charitable projects to do these tours!
I'm thrilled your family came away with such a positive experience.