Book In Advance
Tours from All About Chinatown Tours tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

All reviews linda lee dim sum lunch fortune cookie factory great tour tour guide chinese immigrants grew up booked this tour an amazing guide first hand culture schooling insider stops neighborhood overview knowledge
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We took the walking tour (without lunch) one sunny October morning and had a great time. Linda Lee is a warm, energetic and engaging host who has the ability to remember the names of everyone on the tour and where they were from. She has a thorough knowledge of Chinatown and told some fascinating & humorous tales from her childhood. We visited a herbal shop, fortune cookie factory, market & temple. A nice way to spend a morning in San Francisco.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

TL;DR: book the tour but don't include lunch.

My review would've been five stars if I had taken just the tour. Linda Lee is a fenomenal guide. She knows her way arround china town and will tell you details only someone born and raised in SF's China Town could know. The tour is fun and engaging and will leave you wanting to learn more about chinese culture in general.

On the other hand I do not recommend the optional lunch, it's simply not worth the extra 30 bucks. If you never had chinese take out before you can give it a go, otherwise you can find more authentic options like City View Restaurant. For this reason I had to lower mi overall score.

1  Thank Franco A
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thank you to Linda Lee, our tour guide. We learned a lot and had a lot of fun and laughs. The tour was not too fast paced so it was great. Linda was raised in Chinatown, so she knows a lot and it is all very interesting. Never would have learned what we did just by walking on our own.

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

Our guide Linda Lee was very helpful in allowing us to join the tour when I booked the wrong date. The tour was fun and informative. I would recommend this tour, Linda is a great guide with a nice sense of humor. I would take this tour a second time.

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Linda provided my family with a fantastic tour of Chinatown. She clearly communicated important facts and interwove them with personal stories about Chinatown. She also effectively used her wit, humor and intelligence to convey her experiences in Chinatown both as a child and as an adult. I felt it was the perfect amount of information, and the Dim Sum restaurant she took us to was top notch! Linda also provided us with a written information guide sheet of best restaurants, shops, etc. to visit in Chinatown for our next visit. We learned a great deal about Chinatown because of LInda and her excellent communication skills. I highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Our tour was amazing! Linda was not only informative, but was very engaging to her audience. We would recommend this tour to everyone!

Reviewed October 7, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful informative, fun tour with Linda! Linda is so knowledgeable about Chinatown, and it was great learning about her childhood growing up in Chinatown! Thank you Linda! Would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting SF!

Reviewed September 19, 2018 via mobile

Chinatown is a big place. You could easily walk around and see nothing but shops and restaurants. That is why you need a guide. And this is a good your option.

Along our walk we learned how the Chinese first got here and why. How the Chinese were treated before gaining more civil rights. Why they remain so close to their families. How they keep their culture alive. So much information that helped you get beyond the tacky shops.

Great deal for the cost. We had a small group 8) and our guide Linda encouraged us to ask questions. Without a guide I’m not sure anyone would have an enriching experience.

1  Thank Kathy C
Reviewed September 18, 2018

Since my wife was away with her friends this weekend I had to find things to keep the kids busy this weekend and away from technology. Today we went to Chinatown San Francisco and went on a tour with All About Chinatown with the owner Linda Lee. Tour was great with lots of info regarding the history of Chinatown SF, life in Chinatown (current and past), and she also shared her experiences with life in Chinatown. We even went by the fortune cookie factory which I remember my grandmother buying the scrap which was part of the cookie making process... these were about the size of a quarter... they now sell them as flat cookies

I spent considerable time in the summers with my grandmother in Chinatown and it brought back a lot of great memories. I remember eating the squab/ pigeon my grandmother would make which she killed with her hands , going up on the rooftops and running around building to building since the buildings were connected, standing in line for free food which was given away lower income Chinese, eating at the various restaurants and staying with my grandmother in her 200 square foot apartment for the summer. Those were good times.

I was happy to be able to share a little of my childhood and our culture with my "banana" kids today since their pretty much white on the inside and yellow on the outside

If your ever interested in learning about Chinatown SF giving Linda Lee a call... great way to spend 3 hours. Linda was born in raised in Chinatown and gives a great perspective of Chinatown. We opted for the lunch option which was good also and the company and other tourists were great.

1  Thank Jet783660
Reviewed September 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a great tour with Linda! She made the experience informative and fun. Our tour included lunch that was fantastic. There were only 6 in our tour which made it possible to ask questions and stay on schedule.