“Great tour for anyone!”

and up
San Francisco Chinatown Walking Tour with Lunch
Ranked #49 of 285 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: This walking tour of Chinatown is now in its 34th year. Join us as we visit historic landmarks, fortune cookie factory, the Stockton Street food markets, a secluded Chinese temple, an herbal pharmacy and more. Complete the visit with a dim sum luncheon at one of Chinatown's legendary restaurants.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour for anyone!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great tour by Linda, who grew up in Chinatown and has been giving these tours for 29 years. Group size was about 20 people, 5 in my family (all adults). We went to a Buddist temple, fortune cookie factory, Chinese market, historic landmarks, and lunch after. Very informative, easy to hear, and lots of opportunities for questions. The whole family loved it and named it one of the highlights of the whole trip. Linda even helped order for me and another vegetarian for lunch, since the dim sum lunch is all meat. Lunch spot was a spot visited by Obama when he came to SF. Awesome. Take this tour!

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Piling on the accolades!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Linda's tour isn't just a walk up Grant with a few interesting facts. Linda takes you inside Chinatown as only someone with a lifetime of experience can do. This intelligent, funny, curious woman provides an experience that's worth the all too short time it takes to see inside a Temple, apothecary, and a food store that's a little different than any you've seen.

Visited August 2012
Penfield, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“You must do this tour!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

You could walk around Chinatown yourself but you'll never get as much out of it if you didn't have Linda Lee giving you the tour. Her personal stories of growing up here gave you insight into this place and its people. We loved the pharmacy, the Buddhist temple, the fortune cookie factory, the market... well all of it. My teenagers cite this as one of their favorite things on our trip. Highly recommend taking the option of the dim sum lunch, the food was outstanding. My one son that is a bit of a picky eater devoured everything. This is a must do!

Visited August 2012
Pompano
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“All About Chinatown walking tour”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Linda,
I just wanted to tell you I had an exciting tour. Uncle Gee was delightful and shared so much information. He made it fun for the families by having the children act out some of his stories. As I sit here at home, sipping my perfectly brewed tea, now that Uncle Gee taught us how to brew... I wanted to let you know the Chinatown tour was the highlight of my trip to San Francisco.
Thank you again and I am sure you realize how valuable Uncle Gee is. Family, respect, education and I can do it! Important for every culture..
Carol Hughes

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Carol H
allaboutchinatown, Owner at All About Chinatown Tours, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear Carol H,

I'm thrilled that you enjoyed Uncle Gee's tour along with the rest of your group. Uncle Gee is a magnetic storyteller in a style all of his own. His stories are original and the message is universal: honoring family, showing respect, aspiring to learn at all times, and with an " I CAN DO IT" attitude.
Your group also benefited from the visit to the Vital Tealeaf shop, which not all tours have time to include. We often encourage our guests to visit the tea shop after the tour so they can take their time tasting the same teas you now are enjoying!
Fort Worth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Slice of China in San Fransisco (Rana A.)”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

No San Fransisco visit is complete without a Chinatown Walking Tour and Lunch with Linda Lee. On her tour, our group visited a pharmacy that puts together Chinese prescriptions for different ailments, the Fortune Cookie Factory, a Buddhist temple, a Chinese language school, a supermarket, and an authentice dim sum lunch at the Oriental Pearl Restaurant, which was delicious. I will never forget it. Thank you, Linda!!!

Visited July 2012