“Staff that make a meal poor”
Review of Eagle Cafe

Eagle Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Eagle Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #562 of 6,004 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Ok this is Fisherman Wharf so its the heart of tourist town. But we got seated by someone who looked so miserable and fed up with life, told only do breakfast at that time (exactly what we were searching for) sat down and waited for 10 minutes before we were asked what we would like, then told that breakfast was over, so only agreed to serve us breakfast when we complained, then the drinks took another 10 minutes to arrive. They then confused the orders and gave us the bill before we had finished. Just not a pleasant experience and so unnecessary from the staff. The food was ok, not great but ok and, as one would expect from a tourist area, expensive. Whilst there, two others sets of guests simply got up and left before ordering. Need I say anymore?

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We had lunch there today. It has a beautiful view of the harbor. Unfortunately, the food was not good at all. I had the clam chowder in a sourdough bowl. The soup was thin with very few tiny pieces of clam and few potatoes. No celery to speak of. The sourdough bowl was good. My husband had the fried cod dinner with French fries. It came with liquid,thin tartar sauce poued over the fish with tobacco sauce. The fish tasted strong and had a very stronge fish smell. Neither of us could eat it. The French fries were not cooked thoroughly, and, thus were soggy. Would not go there again.

1  Thank Rosemary G
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We were seated promptly and with a window view which was really nice but when we didnt have a drink order after being seated promptly we were playing cat and mouse with the waiter.

I ordered the crab stuffed prawns and it was good... My travel companions ordered the salmon and not so good, They cut the salmon in half, not sure why? and when asked to substitute the mashed potato for fries.. got that but had to pay extra for cole slaw which was just tasteless. I mean it, no mayo or dressing at all!

Some weird employee tax also on the bill (never saw that tax anywhere else in the city)?? With a drink each the bill was $125 for 3 people....The linguine dishes looked good and in summary, this meal kinda wrecked a good day. Seems breakfast is their speciality.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Stopped in for lunch on our last day in San Francisco. It was a busy Saturday but we were seated and greeted by our waitress quickly. Sat at a table by the windows and enjoyed the beautiful view. We decided to try a little bit of everything so we ordered the lobster bisque in a bread bowl, a salad and the mixed seafood grill which included salmon, mahi-mahi, tilapia and shrimp. The lobster bisque was really good. Slightly spicy with little pieces of lobster. Whatever dressing they used on the salad was amazing. It tasted like a really flavorful balsamic but much thicker. We ended up asking for more and mixing it with the cole slaw that came with the mixed seafood grill. All of the seafood was so tasty. I liked the salmon the best. My friend said the tilapia was a little overcooked for her liking but the flavors where there. We would visit again the next time we were in town.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Only had breakfasts here so can't comment on anything else. Firstly make sure the outside bar is open and then grab a seat there. Unfortunately they don't always have this open until 9:00 but it is worth waiting for. There's a view out over the bay and the sea lion area off to the right . On a lovely summers day there are few places better to enjoy a leisurely breakfast (Polly's at Redondo beach is the only one I've found).

Good selection of delicious breakfasts I think I had the Salmon Benedict one day and then the Shrimp Scramble with Jack Cheese, Scallions and Potatoes on the second visit. Fairly expensive but well worth it.

Will definitely return on my next visit to SF.