“Food matched view”

Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

The view is great overlooking pier 39. The only thing better than the view was the food and wait staff ( yes that is two things). Service very good. Food was execellent.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had breakfast here a week before the superbowl. It was great! Bright, adorable restaraunt with great water views. The omelets are huge, with nice garnishes. The staff kept the drink refills going. I had an old school hot choclate that had huge marshmallows in it with chocolate syrup--yum!!We didn't get alcohol but the bloodys looked amazing. We would absolutely go back to this place if we ever get back to San Fran!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Through and through the Eagle Cafe has been made into a cold, corporate restaurant. An okay menu with high prices, so I can only assume that they are going for the tourist market. We had overpriced beers and entrees while we missed what the Eagle used to be. I know things change, but this place did not measure up to its pricing or pretension.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

The eagle café was the closest place to where we were, so we went up to have dinner. The friendly staff greeted us as we walked in and offered us the table of our choice. We ordered the fried calamari as an appetizer, which was good and I had the Salmon with Angel hair pasta. This plate is not for the faint of heart. It must have had a whole head of garlic, and although I removed most of it, brushed my teeth after the meal and sucked on breath mints for the rest of the night my wife complained all night that I smelled of garlic, so I am assuming it was coming out of my pores. My wife ordered the broiled talapia and she liked it, not that I did not enjoy my dish; I actually believe it is the meal with the boldest taste of all the meals I had during our week in San Francisco. There was nothing subtle about it. This is a fairly priced restaurant that serves regular fare with no gimmicks. They are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and they are solidly good. Nothing fancy, but solidly good. They have a bar and an outside patio where you can sit, drink, and have a view of the bay.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We picked the Eagle Cafe after walking around Fisherman's Wharf on a Sunday morning. We passed up about 5 other places, and I'm glad that we did. Eagle Cafe is upstairs and the views are great of the pier. The decor is very nautical and very cool. We had omelets which were enormous and very tasty. The price was good and the value was excellent. We will definitely go back the next time we are in town. My only complaint is that 3 cups of coffee were luke warm, at best. Even after I complained about cold coffee, they brought me another luke warm cup and then refilled it with more luke warm coffee. I really wish the coffee had been hot - if it wasn't for that it would have been an outstanding experience!