“Best burrito I’ve had in a long time!”
Review of El Faro Restaurant

El Faro Restaurant
Ranked #2,124 of 6,516 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighborhood: South Beach
Neighborhood: South Beach
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Walking around San Francisco, had just been to the salesforce park, hoping to have lunch there, but the restaurant closed its doors, went around in the neighborhood and found this super quiet and empty restaurant and thought, why not? Let me give it a try...
I’m so happy I did! From the moment I walked in, I was greeted super nicely & & immediately they took my order and promptly fixed the best burrito I’ve had in a long time. The meat was super well seasoned, tender and of good quality, the lady even asked me if I wanted the sauce on top or on the side with sometimes they don’t ask and then you get a very wet burrito which is not quite my preference, so I was glad that they were considered like that, the place was clean and quiet. Lunch hour rush had passed but they cleaned up all the tables and stuff very Quickly, so I got the seat by the window, plugged my phone to charge and enjoyed a really good meal.
The guy at the register was super courteous and attentive, had a nice small chat and left a great impression.
experience was a very welcoming one & I truly recommend it.

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed August 12, 2019

I've been eating here since my law school days at nearby Golden Gate University. The burritos are still delicious, fresh, and large. Breakfast burritos served all day, too. I stop here on every trip

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed April 14, 2019

When I worked in San Francisco, I would have El Farro for lunch at least once a week. I was a bit of a party animal back then and I would love having El Farro burritos to revive myself to the human form! One of my co workers was amazed one day when I came back from ordering lunch with 3 (Yes 3 of them!!!!) giant burritos. I remember Bryan saying I would not get past the second one. Well, let's just say he was wrong and I almost finished the 3rd one, with only about 1/4th left over!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed November 11, 2016 via mobile

I had a super burrito here once lunchtime, which was very tasty! It does get busy if you don't get here early. Plenty of meat choices and some very tasty sauce to go over it. Also tacos, enchiladas and other choices on the menu.
Prices are very cheap for city food, will be going back again!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed March 26, 2016

We were looking for Mexican food while walking through Haight Street and found El Faro. The burritos were great and it was a nice place to get lunch.

Date of visit: February 2016