“Delicious and Accommodating”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Sutter
Transit: Conveniently located at Union Square
Description: A landmark dining destination for over two decades. This luxurious dining room offers fabled service while Chef Srijith brings his distinctive palette to San Francisco embodying South East Asian inspirations with local California Cuisine & gentle Spice Route overtones. Our breakfast has been consistently voted as the best in the City for either a treat or for a power business meet. Our Lunch options are a haven away from the bustle of city shopping or for a break away from your desk. Dinner serves a selectionof menus, - a la carte styled 3 Course menu - Chefs 6 course Tasting Menu - 9 course Degustation Menu.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Very accommodating to food allergies and special dietary needs. The staff made sure our food was to our liking.

There are newer reviews for Campton Place Restaurant

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My lady and I arrived at the hotel before the restaurant opened. We each had a delicious cocktail and split an order of calamari, crispy, cooked to perfection.

Time for dinner we went to a very well appointed and quiet dining room. After my lady, who is petite, was seated a wait person brought a cushion for her to rest her feet. Throughout the evening, the wait service was impeccable. We both ordered from the theater menu, three courses. I had the petite fillet, very tasty and cooked to perfection. My lady asked the wait person to serve her, your choice. After the meal she commented that this meal was the best meal that she ever had dining out.

Outstanding dining and service!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We liked the food very much and the atmosphere as well. No loud noises or music. The plates were done promptly and elegantly presented. There were two different options in the main dining room, where you could choose either from a degustation of six courses or a menu with three different courses.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Whenever we're in SF, we make a point to have a late lunch at the Bar at Campton Place. Jim, the bartender/server, is truly a professional in all he does--including making the best martini anywhere! They are noted for their French Fries, so be sure to order them. You won't be sorry. We've ordered just about everything on the menu at one time or another and never been disappointed. Wish everything about it could be duplicated in our home town.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had the three course tasting menu since we were not hungry enough to try the 6 or nine course menu. Everything was wonderful. We both had the lobster appetizer which had an adequate size piece of lobster. My husband had the halibut which he said was the best piece of halibut that he had ever had. I had the filet which was perfectly cooked and quite tender. There were two pieces of just the heart of the filet. I was not able to finish them but my husband did finish it for me. We both had the chocolate dessert. These were small portions so despite being full we both were able to finish them. We had a bottle of the Tattinger Domaine de Carneros sparkling wine to drink. Initially it was too warm but cooled quickly in the ice bucket.