“Best Seafood on the Wharf”

Aunt Fanny's Hot Pretzels
Ranked #1,835 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best Seafood on the Wharf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I went to this restaurant while on vacation in SF. I got lobster tail and steak - wow! It was expensive, but if you want good seafood with a terrific view of the bridge and excellent service I recommend it. I got an Irish coffee for dessert and it was perfect!

• Visited August 2011
7 Thank TracyP5

• Korean first
Sydney, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,549 helpful votes
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Very good restaurant with good food and service and a large variety of sea food whilst purporting to be fresh I have been told allot of their seafood comes from Alaska, but it's great. Worth the visit if you love seafood.

Visited January 2012
6 Thank VangeInternational
Seattle, Washington
“Great for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2008

I just now got back from a weekend in S.F. with family. In the true tourist fashion we went to Alcatraz and then had lunch at Dante's. I found it to be quite nice. The food was great, excellent view, nice waiter. I would definately recommend it for lunch.

USA
“Bird Bomb of a Restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2007

Like other complaints, long wait for service, when we got service I was ready to order the meal the waiter told me to start with drinks and he would get the food later, I of course told him we would order our food now, then the bird dive bomb started DO NOT SIT OUTSIDE. My table and another table asked to be seated inside, I had ordered they
had not, we were sent to the waitress upstairs and due to language issues this was a treat in it's self. When seated the right food was brought to our table, but because our food was ordered downstairs our tab was downstairs our waiter was downstairs so of course no waiter upstairs was going to wait on us. So no service. The food was over price and mediocre at best. I was told I had to go downstairs to
pay my bill. I complained to my waiter that there was no service and he had only a list of excuses so on the payment I left him my excuse for no tip.

brian h, Owner at Aunt Fanny's Hot Pretzels, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
We have no tables or waiters which the review claims. We are 263 square FEET over the counter pretzel, hot dog and nachos with drinks place. The reviewer claims different. Is for another place.
Littleton, Colorado
“Sad end to a perfect day”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2007

Let's see: It takes close to fifteen minutes for someone to come and take our order. The waitress is foreign so there's a little bit of a communication barrier. She doesn't even write the order down. The appetizer comes AFTER our meal. The fish and chips, as well as the calamari, are barely luke warm when they arrive. The waitress forgets our dressing for the Shrimp and Crab Louie. She tells us she has to go upstairs for it so it may take awhile. By the time she comes back with the dressing everyone else is done with their meals. We ask to speak with a manager. We wait close to half an hour, the entire time being painfully polite as the waitress continues to come over and tell us he is very busy on the upper level of the restaurant due to the large crowd there. We go up and the place is relatively empty. One of the hostesses tells us it's a quiet evening. Manager never comes, though he does knock the bill in half. That wasn't even the point! Up until dinner we had had a magical day in the city. The dinner didn't really ruin our day, but it sure did put a damper on it. Next time we'll just do In and Out burgers and save the money.

We are an over the counter fast food stand with no table or waiter service. This is for another restaurant. Our place is only 263 square feet with no seating.