“Great Noodles”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Japantown
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The restaurant is always hot and uncomfortable. Then they bring you a steaming bowl of heaven. Comfort food Japanese style. The wait staff seem to want to be doing something else but that's ok. The dragon roll was fantastic. Real crab, kids, no sea legs. And it's so refreshing the moment the cool air form the mall hits you on the way out... Seriously - it's a great bargain.

1  Thank ellaguru
There are newer reviews for Mifune

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Japanese food was never my favorite, but my husband and son insisted on trying this cuisine before we left our visit to San Francisco. I am so glad that the guys took me to this delicious place, Mifune.
We dined there at lunchtime and thought the food was incredibly good and a great value.
Wished we lived closer to San Francisco so we could visit Mifune again soon.

1  Thank panpanda
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Ino Sushi was closed, so I looked for a place that offered soba and sushi at a reasonable price. After reading all of the menus, I decided to give Mifune a try.

I wasn't really impressed.

The service was pretty poor: I waited at the door for several minutes before the staff standing right in front of me even noticed; my tea was refilled once and my water never; and the cheque was brought to the table well before I'd taken my last bite.

The restaurant was very hot and stuffy, and pretty cramped.

I had the tempura plate, which had 2 prawns, a slice of sweet potato, a broccoli floret, some onion, zucchini, and I forget what else. The batter wasn't as crispy and was a lot greasier than normal for a good tempura.

I also had the combo lunch, which included cold soba and 5 pieces of nagiri (tuna, salmon, yellowtail, unagi, and shrimp). The slices of fish were very thin and did not look to be the best quality. The fish did not stay properly adhered to the rice. Additionally, the rice itself was pretty plain. The soba was pretty boring and definitely from a box/bag.

Portions and price were great, but the rest was less than stellar.

2  Thank crr243
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Great food and authentic Japanese cuisine in Japantown. My mom is Japanese and really wanted good Japanese food. We found it! Great service, we were immediately seated, great food and combo selections, loved it so much we took a cab back into Japantown just to eat here again before we left! Good food and value!

1  Thank Gina G
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We selected this particular restaurant at random. When you're walking down the hallway the restaurants don't really distinguish themselves too much. We knew we didn't want Benihana because we can get decent Japanese steak house at home.

We weren't terribly disappointed, but the food didn't have a wow factor either. I will say that the service was fast and courteous. We don't live near any kind of ethnic restaurants whatsoever, so our experience with certain types of foods is somewhat limited. We had shabu once before in NYC where we prepared our own. Our 10yo was looking forward to having it again, specifically making it. However, she was disappointed when they brought it out fully prepared. It was flavorful, but again, not particularly exciting.

Overall, not a horrible decision, but not anything that leaves me thinking "I have to get back there."

1  Thank pathic