“Delicious”

Cuisines: American, Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Buffet
Neighborhood: Japantown
Description: For the past 35 years, Mums (formerly named Cafe Mums) has been serving customers from throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and around the world. Conveniently located in San Francisco's Japantown at The Buchanan Hotel (formerly named Hotel Tomo). Mums has been known for its Traditional Japanese-style Shabu-Shabu, Japanese and American Cuisines. In addition, we are one of the first restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area to serve Shabu-shabu, now making us the Home of Shabu-shabu since 1995.
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I DARE YOU to find another restaurant in SF that is extremely high quality, AND all you can eat, AND SUPER CHEAP! For two people, two bottles of sake, and a large beer I paid under $100. Unheard of in SF.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

had the chicken udon, beef udon, and curry. this restaurant is adyacent to Hotel tomo. they serve breakfast too. did not have breakfast there.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Service and food was better than average, but because they offer all you can drink as part of their menu... you'll have obnoxious sororities and fraternities and college kids yelling at their top of their lungs even though their party is sitting across or next to them. My wife was half kidding that she perforated an eardrum during our meal.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

When I was there the place was completely empty so I worried that locals did not seem to like the place. However, the food turned out to be really good. I had the fried shrimp and it was cooked perfectly, with potatoes that were really good and a bowl of white rice that was really good as well. I did not care for the Miso soup, and I'm not really a fan of teriyaki spritz on my salad although they both appeared to be made with fresh vegetables.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel breakfast location of choice. Primarily Japanese food, with a nice selection of American fare for those whose tastes run more towards burgers.