“Cheapest price and equipment that fits”

Ferry Building Bike Rentals
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was really happy that I rented my bike from this company. They explained me everything really well and I had a bike and helmet that fitted me perfectly. I went biking all day and because the bike was so good, I did not really feel the uphill biking.
The price was 25$ for the whole day. I saw other bike rental places which had prices like 35 or even 40$!
They explained where the ferry goes.
They even asked me what I want to do and they told me which parts would be more difficult.
The only bad thing was that there was something wrong with my gears and I had some problems from time to time. But they told me in the beginning that I can call them anytime if there is anything wrong with the bike and they would come. I did not have to call them, I got safely back.

There are newer reviews for Ferry Building Bike Rentals

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We booked o line from Australia but when we arrived to collect our bikes there were no bikes left. We were told to visit next location which was a streetcar trip at our expense. When we got there Rob the manager was apologetic and was helpful to get our bikes ready. We biked over GG bridge to Sauseleto (12km) trip, some hard uphill sections. Most of it on dedicated bike lanes. Sauseleto is very pretty but the major downer to our afternoon was not being able to work the bike lock as we had not been shown but also the incredibly stupid ferry ticketing system. I wish we had been told by the bike rental that as soon as you arrive in Sauseleto to go straight to the ferry and organise your return trip. Because we didn't know this when we got there at 3:30pm we were told next ferry ticket time available was 6:40pm and to go and stand in the waiting queue with no definite chance of getting on an earlier ferry. Grrrrr. We waited and waited. We were lucky and did manage to board the 5pm ferry but it did spoil our afternoon and was harder than it should have been.