“Excellent Tacos, near West Portal train station”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Toasties

Toasties
Ranked #2,159 of 5,645 Restaurants in San Francisco
Portland, Oregon
“Excellent Tacos, near West Portal train station”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

It was lunch time and I had just spent the morning at the San Francisco Zoo. When the train turned into the West Portal station, I saw a great little tacqueria on the corner and decided to disembark the train and have lunch.

The restaurant is small with limited indoor seating and some outdoor seating as well. Each table sat two people, so this isn't the place to go with a group unless you get your food to go. I ordered two carnitas tacos and a coke and the food came reasonably fast, was really delicious and filling. The tacos were served on corn tortillas with meat, onion and cilantro. Just the way I like them! When I arrived I was the only customer, but many more came soon after including several to go orders.

It seemed to be a great locals restaurant. The prices were reasonable and if my travels in SF had taken me by the West Portal station again, I definitely would have stopped in again.

• Visited April 2014

“Mmmm! Toastie!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Wow, how come no one had a review for this place yet.... Great food!! I came here before, but my old phone was messed up, so this is why I give them a review only now!!! Thumbs up!!