“Probably the worst Korean food I've had”
Review of 707 Sutter

707 Sutter
Ranked #725 of 6,189 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Korean
Neighborhood: Lower Nob Hill
Neighborhood: Lower Nob Hill
Reviewed May 17, 2017

One Star simply due to their seafood bibimbop in the bowl. There was barely any seafood. You get a huge bowl of rice! Absolutely terrible deal at $11. Also, something is very wrong or off with the bibimbop sauce. It tasted like ketchup, very tangy, and unlike any bibimbop I've ever had. I would stay away.

Had some of my friend's spicy pork. Equally as unimpressive. Again, something was also wrong or off with the sauce. Pork tasted "stinky."

The spicy tofu soup with seafood was pretty good. This is the only redeeming value here!

Small dishes, while unlimited, was very basic. Just a few of the cheapest items such as kimchi and fish cake. Nothing exceptional with just a small selection.

Ambiance isn't great either. There's a huge projector on the side of the wall playing annoying K-pop the entire time. Very distracting (yet irritating). It's also a very dark dining room.

Service was just fine.

In summary: Not an expensive place, but still not worth it. Probably the worst tasting bibimbop I've ever had. Bowl full of rice and no seafood is awful and a huge rip-off.

Date of visit: October 2016
Write a reviewReviews (61)

Reviewed April 24, 2017

My son and I visited twice while in town. The food was excellent. The ambiance was totally different from day to night. Night was full of K-pop and loud conversations and packed. Lunch the next day was chill and quiet.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Silas F
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

Me and my family are a huuuge fan of Korean food and this is a perfect place for us. We visited this restaurant two days in a row and all the food were super great with awesome staffs. I highly recommend all of those who loves Korean food.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 10, 2016 via mobile

Best Korean I've ever tasted along with very helpful service.
Loved the pan fried beef dumplings, stir fried squid and seafood stew cooked at our table. Also try the sup drinks.
What a relief it was to find this affordable restaurant among a sea of ultra expensive restaurants. Thanks for a fun night

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed October 20, 2016

We enjoyed the food, simple atmosphere and price. The waiters were attentive and helpful for novices in the Korean Cuisine world.
Good job!