TripAdvisor
San Francisco
Post
Inbox
Search

“Certainly not the worst”

Taqueria El Buen Sabor
Ranked #732 of 6,878 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Mission Dolores
Neighborhood: Mission Dolores
Reviewed August 16, 2017

The food was ok. We ordered it for a work lunch so someone picked up the order. I had a carne asada burrito and a side order of guacamole. I was looking forward to taking leftovers home for my husband. Everything was definitely under seasoned. It was edible but extremely bland. Even the guacamole was relatively tasteless. The salsa and picante were ok, but I had to mix them together to get some flavor. The chips were very fresh and crisp, and the tortilla for the burrito was fresh and soft, so those were pluses. I like to taste the individual ingredients in a meal, but it would be nice to have a bit of flavor in the food, especially given this place gets such rave reviews. I wouldn't hurry to order from them again, but if in a pinch and absolutely desperate for a burrito, I'd take the food home and add to it. As I said, it's not the worst, but for the price, I really expected better.

Date of visit: August 2017
Write a reviewReviews (47)

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

There's usually a line here and for good reason. The burritos are the best! My son orders the camarones and they prepare them fresh, cooked in garlic and butter. Big and tasty and hard to top.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed May 19, 2017

We stop here whenever we are going through the Mission District around dinner time. The burritos are well-made and delicious. We usually get a super burrito with either Pollo Asada or Carne Asada con Frijoles Negros.
A real treat

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed January 16, 2017

As a San Francisco native, this is one of my goto burrito joints. I have probably eaten here 100+ times. The family business is strong and the food is on point. Takes credit cards.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

Came here with other friends (including some Mexican ones) and it was our second option, the place we were really looking was closed, anyway..
This taqueria at principle sounded good, menu is big enough to get anything from tamales, to tacos, flautas, and of course Jarritos and Mexican beer. Everything looked good, and having a Mexican staff lifted my hopes. We ordered several things, but to my surprise, the tortillas weren't the best quality, they felt refrigerated, so it was the meat of my taco de lengua. My friends voted for the best taco which was carnitas. Also, weird thing from a Mexican restaurant, they don't give you limes unless you ask for them. It wasn't and it wouldn't be my first option in this area with so many alternatives, but good enough for the craving.

Date of visit: November 2016