“Our favorite Taqueria in San Francisco”

Taqueria El Buen Sabor
Ranked #743 of 6,500 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Mission Dolores
Neighborhood: Mission Dolores
Reviewed May 19, 2017

We stop here whenever we are going through the Mission District around dinner time. The burritos are well-made and delicious. We usually get a super burrito with either Pollo Asada or Carne Asada con Frijoles Negros.
A real treat

Date of visit: May 2017
Write a reviewReviews (46)

Reviewed January 16, 2017

As a San Francisco native, this is one of my goto burrito joints. I have probably eaten here 100+ times. The family business is strong and the food is on point. Takes credit cards.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

Came here with other friends (including some Mexican ones) and it was our second option, the place we were really looking was closed, anyway..
This taqueria at principle sounded good, menu is big enough to get anything from tamales, to tacos, flautas, and of course Jarritos and Mexican beer. Everything looked good, and having a Mexican staff lifted my hopes. We ordered several things, but to my surprise, the tortillas weren't the best quality, they felt refrigerated, so it was the meat of my taco de lengua. My friends voted for the best taco which was carnitas. Also, weird thing from a Mexican restaurant, they don't give you limes unless you ask for them. It wasn't and it wouldn't be my first option in this area with so many alternatives, but good enough for the craving.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed October 27, 2016

Don't tell my friend who thinks the best Mission burrito is on Mission Street, but I think this place has the best! (Well, maybe his place has the best super prawn burrito. That's what he likes, and I didn't try that kind, so maybe he's right for what he eats.)

I got the California vegetarian burrito. It had tofu! It had vegetables! I got mine with black beans. It was really good. It was moist. The vegetables were well cooked, but not limp. I really, really enjoyed that burrito.

The staff, while not super friendly, was not rude. They were pleasant ladies working hard to get people fed quickly. I can appreciate that.

I also appreciated the self serve water and ice on the counter. I took advantage of it and had several small paper cups full.

The dining room was small, but clean.

Next time I'm in the neighborhood alone, I will eat here again.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

My family loves stopping here for a quick and delicious burrito and bowl of beans. The food is fresh and the place is super clean!

Date of visit: September 2016