TripAdvisor
San Francisco
Post
Inbox
Search

“Good for the price, but quality if ingredients and authenticity can do better. ”

Taqueria El Buen Sabor
Ranked #731 of 6,556 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Mission Dolores
Neighborhood: Mission Dolores
Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

Came here with other friends (including some Mexican ones) and it was our second option, the place we were really looking was closed, anyway..
This taqueria at principle sounded good, menu is big enough to get anything from tamales, to tacos, flautas, and of course Jarritos and Mexican beer. Everything looked good, and having a Mexican staff lifted my hopes. We ordered several things, but to my surprise, the tortillas weren't the best quality, they felt refrigerated, so it was the meat of my taco de lengua. My friends voted for the best taco which was carnitas. Also, weird thing from a Mexican restaurant, they don't give you limes unless you ask for them. It wasn't and it wouldn't be my first option in this area with so many alternatives, but good enough for the craving.

Date of visit: November 2016
Write a reviewReviews (47)

Reviewed October 27, 2016

Don't tell my friend who thinks the best Mission burrito is on Mission Street, but I think this place has the best! (Well, maybe his place has the best super prawn burrito. That's what he likes, and I didn't try that kind, so maybe he's right for what he eats.)

I got the California vegetarian burrito. It had tofu! It had vegetables! I got mine with black beans. It was really good. It was moist. The vegetables were well cooked, but not limp. I really, really enjoyed that burrito.

The staff, while not super friendly, was not rude. They were pleasant ladies working hard to get people fed quickly. I can appreciate that.

I also appreciated the self serve water and ice on the counter. I took advantage of it and had several small paper cups full.

The dining room was small, but clean.

Next time I'm in the neighborhood alone, I will eat here again.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

My family loves stopping here for a quick and delicious burrito and bowl of beans. The food is fresh and the place is super clean!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 1, 2016

Two friends and I stopped by while walking around the Mission district looking for something to eat, and after finding ourselves in a mural covered alley, we stumbled upon quite possibly one of the best Mexican fast food restaurants of the neighborhood. The tropical painted wall and vintage sign caught my eye right away, and as we walked in, a long line of locals and passers by were waiting to order. It took about 15 minutes to get to the counter, but was really worth the wait to get our cheap and delicious burritos.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016

This place was hopping when I dropped by on Friday night. Lots of happy people enjoying the vibe and a staff that stayed friendly despite the long line. The have a big menu posted above the counter - burritos seem to be a big favorite.
They put your order together quickly, whether it be a small taco or a combo plate.
The food tastes fresh.