TripAdvisor
San Francisco
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best Burrito I Had in the Mission”

Taqueria El Buen Sabor
Ranked #731 of 6,556 Restaurants in San Francisco
Neighborhood: Mission Dolores
Neighborhood: Mission Dolores
Reviewed October 27, 2016

Don't tell my friend who thinks the best Mission burrito is on Mission Street, but I think this place has the best! (Well, maybe his place has the best super prawn burrito. That's what he likes, and I didn't try that kind, so maybe he's right for what he eats.)

I got the California vegetarian burrito. It had tofu! It had vegetables! I got mine with black beans. It was really good. It was moist. The vegetables were well cooked, but not limp. I really, really enjoyed that burrito.

The staff, while not super friendly, was not rude. They were pleasant ladies working hard to get people fed quickly. I can appreciate that.

I also appreciated the self serve water and ice on the counter. I took advantage of it and had several small paper cups full.

The dining room was small, but clean.

Next time I'm in the neighborhood alone, I will eat here again.

Date of visit: October 2016
Write a reviewReviews (47)

Reviewed September 10, 2016 via mobile

My family loves stopping here for a quick and delicious burrito and bowl of beans. The food is fresh and the place is super clean!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed September 1, 2016

Two friends and I stopped by while walking around the Mission district looking for something to eat, and after finding ourselves in a mural covered alley, we stumbled upon quite possibly one of the best Mexican fast food restaurants of the neighborhood. The tropical painted wall and vintage sign caught my eye right away, and as we walked in, a long line of locals and passers by were waiting to order. It took about 15 minutes to get to the counter, but was really worth the wait to get our cheap and delicious burritos.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed July 23, 2016

This place was hopping when I dropped by on Friday night. Lots of happy people enjoying the vibe and a staff that stayed friendly despite the long line. The have a big menu posted above the counter - burritos seem to be a big favorite.
They put your order together quickly, whether it be a small taco or a combo plate.
The food tastes fresh.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

We stop by to eat something and order two burritos: one special and another one super. Both were really good, tasty and big :)
You have different meats and beans to choose to put in the burrito. You can order to eat in there or to go.
The service was nice and the place is ok, with plenty of space to eat there.

Date of visit: June 2016