“Consistenly Excellent”

Project Zen Massage and Bodywork
More attraction details
Owner description: Project Zen is a boutique urban sanctuary specializing in health, harmony, and balance.Our philosophy is that people are overworked and desperately in need of relaxation. Our stressful lifestyle often leads to physical, mental, and emotional disorders. It is our mission to provide a serene environment for people to acheive peace and wellness through massage and relaxation.
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I love Project Zen! Konan and the staff are just extremely friendly and customer focused. Therapist do a great job every time. Facility is clean and the ambiance super relaxing. If ever I am stressed, all it takes is 60 minutes at Project Zen to get me back on track - no fail! Prices are very reasonable for San Francisco. Do yourself a favor and give them a visit.

2  Thank Minette V

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I am a massage therapist. I do Western massage almost exclusively now because of where I work, but 14 years ago I was a dye-the-wool Asian modalities therapist and I've been missing it dearly. I don't like those little discount "sweatshop" places. Project Zen does both Eastern and Western and has three big firmThai/shiatsu "futon" (not like what your thinking) in one room with heavy curtain partitions.
The place is beautiful. The atmosphere is quiet and feels luxurious. They serve a delicious tea! The lighting is very low and it took my eyes a few minutes to adjust, but once I did it was very soothing. My therapist Ong had a nice touch. He has bone-crushing strength but was able to go very gently like I asked. I was in heaven. After I came out I immediately asked about a frequent flyer plan and bought it! I want to try their Shiatsu, their reflexology and their Chi Nei Tsang, all of which I used to do and have missed. I can't wait.

Sharon T, Owner at Project Zen Massage and Bodywork, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Hi Lesli!

I just wanted to thank you for your kind review of our business. I am so glad that you discovered us, and I look forward to you being able to try out some of our other services in the near future!

Namaste,
Sharon

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Being our second experience at Project Zen, my fiancée and I were looking forward to a massage after a long week of walking the hills and dales of San Francisco. We were not disappointed! Em was my 'miracle worker' and Joanna was my fiancée's. We booked ahead and were pleasantly suprised that we could choose who, when and what type of massage we wanted from their website. After a little glitch with the 'early bird' special, I decided to call and confirm the price and time. The front desk was helpful and even informed me of a change to the schedule that they could accommodate us on a different day.

My massage with Em was fantastic. He listened to my written instructions and verbal commands and I was in absolute heaven. My fiancée also enjoyed his massage with Joanna in the same way.

Don't pass this place up in North Beach if you are a weary traveller.

Thank you so much for your kind review! I will pass on your praise to Em and Joana, as our therapists always love to receive feedback from clients. Sorry to hear you had trouble with the Early Bird Special online. I believe that glitch has been fixed, but if you ever have problems, I assure you we will always honor that 20% discount Monday-Friday before 2pm even if it does not go through on your online booking.

Namaste,
Sharon

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Project Zen never disappoints. The therapists are all good. Their foot massages are authentic and a real treat. I tend to like deep tissue massage or trigger point and they have some really great people who can work a lot of kinks out. The Bay St location is very simple in decor - not a "spa" environment but is very peaceful and, well, zen-like! The tea they give you after is also really wonderful. Great value for money too.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is the 2nd time I've been here. I tried other places and they didn't come close to Project Zen. I also brought a friend who never tried Thai Massage before (but is a seasoned massage recipient) and just LOVED it. The experience was so perfect that I bought a package of 8 massages. Definitely going back for more!!!